This article pertains to the Imperial Legion quest A False Front. For the Stormcloak quest of the same name, see A False Front (Stormcloaks).
|A False Front (Imperials)|
|Quest Giver||Legate Rikke|
|Location||Pale Imperial Camp |
|Prerequisite||Battle for Whiterun|
|Next Quest||The Battle for Fort Dunstad|
|Type||Imperial Legion Quest|
"Legate Rikke has sent me to intercept the Stormcloak Courier passing through the area and relieve him of his documents. I am then to return to base camp where I will receive forged documents that I, posing as an enemy courier, will deliver to the enemy commander in Dawnstar."
Legate Rikke's order requires the player to intercept the Stormcloak Courier at either the Nightgate Inn or Candlehearth Hall in Windhelm. The courier will be absent on arrival. If encouraged to talk, the innkeeper advises that he will return soon. Wait 1-2 hours for the courier's return, or leave the inn and try to find him outside.
Once the courier is located, obtain the documents from him, either by pickpocket means or by looting his corpse.
- Confront the courier and tell him to hand over the documents. He will become hostile and killing him may incur a bounty.
- Pickpocket the courier in order to get the papers.
- Wait until the courier leaves the inn and kill him unseen outside.
- Kill the courier with a sneak attack. No bounty is incurred if done undetected.
- If the courier is followed after being located, he may be attacked by a troll just east of the Nightgate Inn at Forsaken Cave.
Once the Stormcloak documents are obtained, return to Legate Rikke at the Pale Imperial Camp. Rikke will "correct" the documents and order the Dragonborn to take the forged papers to the Stormcloak commander Frorkmar Banner-Torn in Dawnstar. He will accept the papers, and will then hand the Dragonborn five septims, suggesting they get a drink at the Windpeak Inn before setting off. Return to Rikke with the news of success, which will trigger the Reunification of Skyrim quest.
- If the documents were stolen from the courier, the Dragonborn may be visited by some Hired Thugs sent by him.
- Upon returning to Legate Rikke after giving the forged documents to the general in Dawnstar, she may give you 1000 Septims a split second before you get to initiate conversation with her, and she'll simply say "Good job!", then continue with her dialogue like normal once spoken to.
- The documents are sometimes named StormCloak Documents and not Stormcloak Documents.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)