|Abandoned Shack (Skyrim)|
|Location||North of Morthal|
|Quests||With Friends Like These...|
Abandoned Shack (Skyrim) is a small dwelling located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
It is an old, desolate house. The Dragonborn was taken here by the Dark Brotherhood after completing the Innocence Lost quest and receiving a Mysterious Note from a Courier. The shack is inaccessible from the outside before this quest. However, a key is needed to enter the shack, which the Dragonborn receives after completing "With Friends Like These..." or "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood!".
The Dragonborn meets Astrid who commands him/her to kill one of the three victims in the shack (Fultheim the Fearless, Alea Quintus, or Vasha). They can choose follow her command and receive an invitation to join the Dark Brotherhood, or they can attack her, initiating the quest "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood!".
It is also notable that this location can be used to get to the upper northern area early in the game and with relative ease. It is very useful for quests such as The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, where otherwise, one would need to walk for an excessive amount of time.
- Execution Hood
- Iron, Scale, or Steel Armor (if Fultheim the Fearless is killed)
- Multiple Deathbell plants outside the shack
- Canis Root growing behind the shack.
- Should you ever decide to go back to the shack at any time, the surviving NPC's will still be there.
- It seems to be the location for The Woodcutter's Wife.
- It seems that sometimes items in the chest and drawers will disappear, or even all of the contents. This has happened to several people, who have lost several important items like Deadric artifacts and unique or rare weapons and armour. Be careful, and get a real house as soon as you can.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)