As a follower, the fan has limited uses. He refuses to fight in combat and will instead run and try to hide until it's over. This can prove fatal as he may run into more enemies and still be killed. He is also a severe annoyance, to the point where it has become a sport to find as many ways as possible to kill the Adoring fan.
When he is not following the Hero (or when he is waiting for them to return) he can be found at the Arena waiting to rejoin the Grand Champion.
The Adoring Fan will respawn after some time if he is killed.
- "Here? Right here? What about, say... over there? No? Right here? All right then, you're the Grand Champion! Whatever you say!"
- "By Azura, by Azura, by Azura, it's the Grand Champion! I can't believe it's you! Standing here, next to me!"
- "Aw gee! You sure? Okay, well, I'll be hanging around the Arena grounds if you need someone to worship the ground you walk on. Bye!"
- In The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, during the Dark Brotherhood quesline, the Dragonborn will come across a book entitled "Cicero's Journal Vol. 1", which belongs to the assassin, Cicero. In this journal is a detailed report of an assassination contract where Cicero disguised himself as an Arena fan in the Imperial City, in an attempt to accompany, and then assassinate, the Grand Champion while escorting him through the forest. This may be a reference to the Adoring Fan.
- The Adoring Fan will always take the shortest way back to the Arena if told to go away, even if this involves jumping off cliffs and mountains. However, he'll always survive the fall.
- Killing the Adoring Fan is an easy way of joining the Dark Brotherhood.