- Full Title: Advances in Lockpicking
- Author: Anonymous
- Permanently increases Security skill (Oblivion)
- Permanently increases Lockpicking skill (Skyrim)
- Permanently increases Nightblade Skill Tree (Online)
- Cheydinhal, In Mach-Na's Books.
- Fingerbowl Cave, at the top level on a slab of rock.
- Pickpocketing Mach-Na.
- Apocrypha, in Black Book: Untold Legends can be found in Chapter IV, a stand, on the first road to left.DR
- Bannermist Tower, northwest of Falkreath, on the second floor on a table next to weapon rack on the other end of the room entrance at third floor.
- Chillwind Depths, on a table with small wine keg, located in the last room of the cave.
- Dead Redguard (unmarked location) – under the corpse of the Redguard man.
- The Ragged Flagon - Cistern, on a barrel in the north east room.
- In the Riften Sewers behind a grate, on top of a barrel.
I am not a writer. I am a thief. I am a good thief. I am not such a good writer. Anyway, I want to write about picking locks. I read a book about designing locks once. It was good. It gave me lots of ideas.
Some guys make locks with angled keyholes. Always carry a bent lockpick. They will work good in these locks. I do, and I open lots of locks. Sometimes I carry copper lockpicks. Copper bends easy. That way I can bend it right there. Copper lockpicks break easy too. Be careful.
Sometimes the locks have weird springs. They all spring differently, which makes picking it hard. I hold my torch close to the lock. This makes it hot. When it's hot, the springs are all the same. They don't bounce so differently any more. Be careful not to burn yourself.
Some thieves can't read. If you can't read, get someone to read this book to you. It will make more sense then.