| Base Value:|
Retains the last Standing Stone ability you held, granting you its effects in addition to those of your current stone.
This lightweight circlet allows the Dragonborn to retain the last Standing Stone power they selected and allows them to select another.
Equipping the crown allows two Standing Stone powers to be in effect simultaneously. If the crown is unequipped, the older of the two stones' effects is removed. Re-equipping it restores the older effect.
Once a Standing Stone's power is imbued into the Aetherial Crown it has the unique opportunity to increase the strength of the Standing Stone's effect.
If the Dragonborn is a vampire with the Restoration Perk Necromage, the standing stone power in the Aetherial Crown is boosted with the 25% strength increase and 50% duration increase in accordance with the perk.
Apart from Aetherium Crest which is assembled during the quest, all other materials to craft the crown can be found in the Aetherium Forge room on tables to the left and right of the forge.
- Attaching the crown to a particular stone can allow it to be used in situational circumstances. For example, attaching it to The Steed Stone allows it to become a useful item that can vastly increase carry capcity when needed.
- Daily greater powers (such as The Ritual Stone) can be used multiple times per day by placing the specific stone on the Aetherial Crown and re-equipping after it is used, essentially resetting the power.
- The 100% weakness to magic from The Apprentice Stone doubles the magicka gained from The Atronach Stone's spell absorption effect, while only suffering normal damage from magic attacks.
- For a character to level up all skills simultaneously, one can activate both the Lover Stone and all three Guardian Stones. When wearing the Aetherial Crown (w/ the Lover Stone), activate 2nd and 3rd Guardian Stones and quickly remove the crown before you recieve the bonus. It's a bit tricky so make sure you save beforehand. When done correctly you will have all 4 bonuses listed under ACTIVE EFFECTS. You are also now able to equip a different helm without losing bonuses. Character will not lose bonuses if crown is requipped. However, player will have to continue wearing crown. The rested bonus exploit can be employed giving a character a grand total of 50% XP boost across all skills.
- For a character interested in leveling up as quickly as possible, one can have both the Lover Stone and any of the three Guardian Stones, which grants a 35% bonus.
- Ordinarily Rested (+5% XP), Well Rested (+10% XP) and Lover's Comfort (+15% XP) are not given while having The Lover Stone as your active stone. The way around this is to store the Lover Stone in the Aetherial Crown and unequip it before resting. Using this method can yield as high an +XP% as 50% (if your other stone is one of The Guardian Stones for 8 hours after resting. This is great if the quest you're about to go on is within 8 hours travel from home. If not, find a nearby tavern, buy a room and settle for 45% +XP for 8 hours minus the journey to the nearby quest. However, being a Werewolf nullifies this entirely, as they cannot benefit from resting.
- The Fastest method to speed level Smithing can be done with the crown by first taking the Lover Stone (+15% XP to all skills ). When you have gotten the Aetherial Crown, then proceed to the Guardian Stones (+20% to Thief, Mage, or Warrior Skill trees), then choose The Warrior Stone. Next complete the quest Unfathomable Depths to obtain the perk Ancient Knowledge (+25% to Heavy Armor, and Smithing increases 15% Faster ). With the lover stone on the crown, take off the crown (this should be confirmed by the text "Lover stone removed"). Go to the nearest bed that you own and sleep to receive the Well Rested (+10% XP) and Lover's Comfort (+15% XP) (Both of these perks can't be obtained if you are a Werewolf). With all of these bonuses combined you have a 75% XP bonus when it comes to Smithing.
- To level up quick after patch 1.9 take the The Mage Stone and The Lover Stone with the Aetherial Crown unequipped rest to get one of the resting bonuses; Ordinarily Rested (+5% XP), Well Rested (+10% XP) and Lover's Comfort (+15% XP); then equip the crown again with four pieces of equipment chest, ring, necklace and the Falmer helmet (because it can be worn with circlets) enchanted with Fortify Illusion (spells cost 25% less) and stand on the rock below the blacksmith left of the arch way in Solitude and cast Harmony repeatedly it takes 5-7 casts to get it back to 100 then reset it and start over. You will level up 1-2 times per reset this way
- With the Crown in the inventory or equipped, the Dragonborn may encounter Taron Dreth where he will ask information about the Crown. He will attack the player with his three mercenaries, no matter which option is chosen in the dialogue.
- The crown can be worn in addition to the Archmage's Robes, The Jagged Crown, or the Falmer Helmet because it counts as a circlet.
- Even when all components are held, the Aetherial Crown may be uncraftable.
- The Crown may not retain the standing stone effect you had active before you equipped it. You have to visit both standing stones to gain an extra effect after equipping the Crown.
- If you activate a Guardian Stone, but select "Cancel" you will lose your current Guardian Stone effect.
Sometimes the effect doesn't work entirely. No solution has been discovered for this.
- If you type
help aetherialin the console, you can scroll up using the page up button to find the 'Aetherial Crown Perk'. Use
player.addperk (id#)to add the ability to pick up another stone. However, this is a permanent thing (may be removed via console commands) and does not fix the actual crown.
- If you type
- Trying to make the Aetherial Crown bear a Guardian Stone Effect might result in having multiple Stone effects active simultaneously even when the Crown is not worn.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard (First appearance)