Enemies struck by this shield become ethereal for 15 seconds, making them unable to attack or be attacked.
|Class: Heavy Armor, Shield|
|Upgrade Material: Dwarven Metal Ingot|
Bashing with this shield triggers this enchantment:
- Become Ethereal: 15 seconds (on bashed target)
Apart from Aetherium Crest which is assembled during the quest, all other materials to craft the shield can be found in the Aetherium Forge room on tables to the left and right of the forge.
This means the shield cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or blacksmithing potions to Fortify Smithing.
- The shield bears a similar appearance to a Dwarven Shield, but with the large Aetherium decal in the center.
- The shield's effect does not work on dragons.
- With the shield in the inventory or equipped, the Dragonborn may encounter Taron Dreth, who will ask the Dragonborn for information about the shield. He will attack with his 3 mercenaries regardless of whatever the Dragonborn responds with.
- The enchantment might stop working. If this occurs un-equip and re-equip the shield to fix it.
- Power Bash doesn't seem to trigger the effect. (this may or may not be a bug) Using
- The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard (First appearance)