Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Enemies struck by this shield become ethereal for 15 seconds, making them unable to attack or be attacked.
|Class: Heavy Armor, Shield|
|Upgrade Material: Dwarven Metal Ingot|
|Perk: Arcane Blacksmith|
Apart from the Aetherium Crest which is assembled during the quest, all other materials to craft the shield can be found in the Aetherium Forge room on tables to the left and right of the forge.
The Aetherial Shield can be upgraded at a workbench with a Dwarven Metal Ingot and the Arcane Blacksmith perk. However, it does not benefit from any Smithing perks. This means the shield cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or blacksmithing potions to Fortify Smithing.
Bashing with this shield triggers this enchantment:
- Become Ethereal: 15 seconds (on bashed target)
- The shield bears a similar appearance to a Dwarven Shield, but with the large Aetherium decal in the center and the Aetherium gems aligned around the decorations on the shield.
- The shield's effect does not work on dragons.
- With the shield in the inventory or equipped, the Dragonborn may encounter Taron Dreth, who will ask the Dragonborn for information about the shield. He will attack with his 3 mercenaries regardless of whatever the Dragonborn responds with.
This section contains bugs related to Aetherial Shield. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The enchantment might stop working. If this occurs one should un-equip and re-equip the shield to fix it.