|Quests||Lost to the Ages|
The Aetherium Forge was created by the Dwemer, and can use the crystal material Aetherium to create unique magical artifacts.   According to Katria, the Forge and its surroundings are at least 4,000 years old - ancient even by Dwemer standards. 
There are several hidden chests in the Forge area containing leveled loot.
Immediately after leaving the lift, turn right into a small cul-de-sac containing a small Dwemer chest.
In the first chamber, there is a waterfall. Behind the waterfall is a small ledge with a hidden chest. After crossing the natural stone bridge and climbing the stairs to the plaza where the tree in the planter resides, take a right turn through a short tunnel to a natural ramp down into the water. (You are now above the waterfall mentioned in the first chamber.) Leave any followers behind on dry land, as the current may make it difficult for them to leave the water again. Swim east-northeast to reach a small Dwemer chest at the edge of the water. After leaving the water via the natural ramp, immediately head due east along the rocky ledge to a silver vein. From this first vein, continue due east to a second silver vein. One small Dwemer chest is located on each balcony on either side above the Forge itself; these can only be reached by crossing the lava behind the forge. There are gates to the left and right hand sides of the room.
Another chest can be found at the base of the natural stone column seen to the left and behind the Forge; it can be reached by crossing the lava. Swimming through the lava can be accomplished by using the Become Ethereal shout. A vampire lord may use mist to get across the lava. Resist Fire potions and garments enchanted with Resist Fire of sufficient strength may also be used. Alternatively, the chest can be reached by using the Whirlwind Sprint shout to hop between the rocks above the lava. Finally, Ahzidal's Boots of Waterwalking (from The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn) can be used to cross the lava.
- Ahzidal's Boots of Waterwalking allow the player to walk over the lava instead of swimming in it. However, the damage dealt will be the same as if swimming.
- If swimming through the lava, either using the Become Ethereal shout or items/potions of Resist Fire, vision will disappear entirely, replaced by a blurred vision of glowing, burning orange, making navigation difficult.
- The lava deals two types of damage:
- Massive Fire Damage: 150 points for 1 second.
- Lingering Fire Damage: 15 points for 4 seconds.