|Prerequisite||The Eye of Magnus|
|Reward||500 - 1,500|
|Faction||The College of Winterhold|
The location of the anomaly may vary each time the quest is done. When the Dragonborn arrives, an anomaly is found spawning Magic Anomalies which are highly resistant to magic. The Dragonborn must defeat all of the apparitions to close the anomaly. Despite Tolfdir's recommendation to bring The Staff of Magnus, the Staff is not actually needed and, in some cases, seems to have no effect at all.
The Jarls are paying The College of Winterhold for clearing out the anomalies throughout Skyrim. As Arch-Mage, the Dragonborn receives a scaled amount of gold, described as a share, of 500-1,500 each time this quest is completed.
Every three days, Tolfdir can be asked about any tasks that need completing. He then marks the map with the location of a new rupture. Alternatively, when traversing the world, a Rupture can be found, and closing it will automatically start the Quest.
- The rupture and anomalies may not appear at the quest marker at all. To fix this bug simply, spawn a few anomalies, kill them and the quest will advance. (00053F1D)
- The rupture may spawn underwater, rendering the quest impossible to complete due to the fact that no anomalies appear.
- The rupture may spawnrandomly causing the quest to start giving the objective of "Return to Tolfdir"
Behind the scenesEdit
- Unless otherwise stated, the information above was obtained from in-game play or from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Creation Kit. 
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)
|College of Winterhold Quests|
|Main Quest||First Lessons • Under Saarthal • Hitting the Books • Good Intentions |
Revealing the Unseen • Containment • Staff of Magnus • The Eye of Magnus
|Side Quests||Arniel's Endeavor • Daedric Relic • Aftershock • Out of Balance • J'zargo's Experiment |
Brelyna's Practice • Onmund's Request • Fetch Me That Book! • Tolfdir the Absent-Minded
|Master Spell Quests||Alteration Ritual Spell • Destruction Ritual Spell • Conjuration Ritual Spell |
Illusion Ritual Spell • Restoration Ritual Spell