When encountered in Calcelmo's Tower during the quest "Hard Answers," Aicantar can be overheard arguing with one of the Wizard's Guards about killing intruders which he orders them to do. He will also attack the Dragonborn if spotted. However, if they activate the valve opposite the door through which they entered, it will reactivate the room's in-built Dwemer defenses, killing the Guards and causing Aicantar to attempt to flee the room - usually killing himself by running through traps. The Dragonborn could, however, run past him and come back to Markarth another time. Upon their return, Aicantar will no longer be hostile.
If Aicantar survives the defenses, during the activation of Calcelmo's stone, he will appear at the doorway provoking an alternate dialogue between himself and the guards than would otherwise occur.
Aicantar may be a target for this quest. If he is killed during "Hard Answers," it may fail this quest.
- "Don't let my uncle go on about his theories. You'll be here all night."
- "I'm afraid to touch half of the things they keep in the tower."
- "I'm Calcelmo's nephew. I help him around the laboratory."
- "I try not to think how my uncle got all those Dwemer Centurion parts."
Aicantar "Uncle Calcelmo..."
Calcelmo "What is it, nephew? Can't you see I'm trying to think here?"
Aicantar "I just wanted to know if you needed anything."
Calcelmo "Um, no. Nothing. Nothing at all."
Aicantar "Are you sure?"
Calcelmo "Stop bothering me, Aicantar!"
Calcelmo "Next season, nephew. Next season for sure..."
Aicantar "'Next season for sure...' What? Uncle Calcelmo, I don't understand what you mean."
Calcelmo "The excavation, Aicantar! Right after I finish my book. We'll start excavating Nchuand-Zel again."
Aicantar "Could I maybe skip the excavation, Uncle Calcelmo? I, uh, just don't think you won't need me."
Calcelmo "Nonsense, you're a vital part of my research team. You'll be there, have no fear! Now, I don't want to hear another word of protest."
- He is the creator of Aicantar's Spider, and the Spider Control Rod which commands it. Aicantar's spider is a Dwemer spider which has been modified so that it can be controlled by the person using the control rod.
- If Aicantar is killed, Calcelmo will not show any emotion. In fact, he will not even notice.
- Aicantar is voiced by the same actor who also voices Marcurio and Faendal, amongst other characters.
- The author of Before the Ages of Man is also named Aicantar, though he is likely not the same person.
- Aicantar's words in his journal suggest that he is sad that his uncle doesn't appear to care about him.