Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Alchemy is a skill tree appearing in The Elder Scrolls Online. An Alchemist can create potions, consumable items, from ingredients using alchemy recipes combining natural reagents growing in the world with a water solvent at an Alchemy Station. All reagents have hidden traits which determine a potion's effects. Similar traits from different reagents must be combined to bring out a potion's magical qualities. Sometimes a trait that gives a potions a beneficial effect can also have a negative counterpart. If the wrong reagents are mixed together, they might cancel each other out. A skilled Alchemist learns to experiment to find the combinations that will give the best results.
Mixing certain ingredients together can produce either beneficial, harmful, or a combination of both, effects in potions that imbue a temporary boost or loss to the drinker's statistics. For example Armor potion, which raises the vestige's armor rating while lowering the vestige's weapon damage.
Leveling tips on alchemy:Edit
- Use the highest level solvent possible as this will greatly increase the experience gained, however if your current character level is not high enough you may not be able to use the potions crafted.
- Make sure to always use reagents that will make a potion, as failed potions (no yield) give only little experience.
- Discovering new traits results in slightly more experience gain.
- Crafting with two reagents or three reagents yields the same amount of experience.
- All of the crafting skills in Online are passive skills.
- Reagents may be found by harvesting plant nodes throughout Tamriel. They may also be bought and sold on the Guild's auction houses.
- These may be discovered through a taste test, which will reveal one of the 4 effects of each reagent.
They may also be discovered through a trial and error process of combining them to discover potion recipes as well as effects. The effects of all the Alchemy reagents can be seen in Reagents.
- Solvents can be collected alongside bodies of water labeled Pure Water. It can also be collected via *Water Skin sacks that can be found along shores, roads, camps, and caves.
Each recipe must contain one solvent, the type of solvent determines the end level of the potion being made.
- Potion recipes can be learned through trial & error combinations of reagents. The solvent used will determine the user level for the potion.