In the alchemy lab, the player can create potions and poisons, and test the effects of ingredients. The player is prompted with the choice of adding two ingredients, and an optional third ingredient for the desired effects. While testing and creating potions, the player learns potion recipes, which allow the player to select the recipe and create the potion without having to mix those two or three ingredients again.
When adding a location please use the following format. For Towns/Cities (Town or City - Location - Description)
For Wilderness (Location - Description)
- Dawnstar - The Mortar and Pestle
- Falkreath - Grave Concoctions
- Markarth - The Hag's Cure
- Markarth - Vlindrel Hall - purchasable after buying the house
- Riften - Elgrim's Elixirs
- Riften - Honeyside - purchasable after buying the house
- Riften - Thieves Guild
- Riverwood - Sleeping Giant Inn - Delphine's Secret Room
- Solitude - Angeline's Aromatics
- Solitude - Potema's Catacombs - beneath the Temple of the Divines. Accessible once you've embarked on the quest "The Wolf Queen Awakened"
- Solitude - Proudspire Manor - purchasable after buying the house
- Whiterun - Arcadia's Cauldron
- Whiterun - Breezehome - purchasable after buying the house
- Whiterun - Dragonsreach
- Windhelm - Palace of the Kings - second floor, Wuunferth the Unliving's bedroom.
- Windhelm - The White Phial
- Winterhold - Arch-Mage's Quarters
- If you have the Hearthfire download active upon completion of your house you can make a alchemy table.
- Drelas' Cottage
- Fellglow Keep - near the Sanctum
- Forsaken Cave - room with White Phial
- Hall of the Vigilant - in the farthest corner on the right when you enter the main hall. Another in the largest side-room.
- Mount Anthor - at the stone table leading to the Word of Power
- Saarthal - near the Eye of Magnus
- Stony Creek Cave#Loot Stony Creek Cave in the to the right when walking up the waterfall.
- The Ratways
- Avanchnzel - About 2/3rds of the way through Animoncultroy
- Falkreath Stormcloak Camp
- Alchemist's Shack - South of Ivarstead. Also east of Helgen. Fast travel to Helgen and turn around. Follow the road to the Shack.
- Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary- North-East of Falkreath, under the road, on the left side. Only accessible during the Dark Brotherhood questline.
- Dawnstar Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary - North-East of Dawnstar, facing the Sea of Ghosts. Only accessible after completing quest: Hail Sithis!, of the Dark Brotherhood questline and purchasing Poisoners Nook upgrade from Delvin Mallory in quest: Where You Hang Your Enemy's Head.
- In Sinderion's Field Laboratory, a sublocation of Blackreach.
- In the basement of Anise's Cabin, west of Riverwood.