Ald'ruhn otherwise known as Old Run or Old Home in Dunmeris is large settlement in western Vvardenfell in the Ashlands region near Red Mountain. The city is also known as the Vvardenfell capital of the Great House Redoran.
The city of Ald'ruhn is defended with a wall around it. The Ald'ruhn Fighters Guild, Ald'ruhn Mages Guild, and one of the inns are located in the southern end of the city. The city is property of House Redoran so the architecture is made of giant insect shells just like Raven Rock in Solstheim. The eastern side of the city is the residential district and the Ald'ruhn Temple. The northern side of the city is the Manor District located underneath the remains of a giant crab. South of the city is the Imperial fort: Buckmoth Legion Fort.
The Dunmer residents were harassed by Nordic sea raiders. Eventually, the newly made House Redoran defended the city from any other outside incursions. As a reward, House Redoran was offered a portion of Morrowind where Ald'ruhn, Blacklight, and Khuul are now located. Ald'ruhn was built in the old High Velothi style with organic curves and undecorated exteriors.[source?]
During the War of the First Council, Ald'ruhn was one of many locations attacked by the Dwemer. After the warrior Indoril Nerevar died and his three generals Vivec the Poet, Almalexia, and Sotha Sil utilized the Numidium to make them gods, House Redoran along with the other five great house worshipped the Tribunal and the former Daedric temple in Ald'ruhn became a Tribunal Temple.[source?]
- Main article: Ald'ruhn (Online)
- Main article: Old Run
- Main article: Ald'ruhn (Morrowind)
During the Oblivion Crisis, an Oblivion Gate opened in front of the city walls. The Daedra infested the city and in a last resort effort, the locals mages resurrected Skar the Emperor Crab that became the Ald'ruhn Manor District after it's death. The effort failed and Ald'ruhn was destroyed.
- Although it isn't proven, Old Run in Arena could've been a predecessor of what became Ald'ruhn. The word Ald means Old in the Aldmeri Language, Both locations are found in Vvardenfell, and the pronunciation of both names sound very similar.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls Online