He sells food to the miners in Dawnstar to make money to survive.
Alesan and his father were on a boat when his father became sick. The crew dropped the two off in Dawnstar. A few days later his father died. At night, he can be found sleeping on the floor in the Windpeak Inn.
- "I'm so tired..."
- "Whew! I'm worn out."
- (If asked why he is in a hurry) "I'm running food and supplies to the miners. Don't pay much, but they let me sleep by the fire in the inn most nights."
- (If asked about his parents) "They're... dead. My Pa was a sailor. Took me with him on his last trip. After he got sick, they...put us off here and left without us. He... died a few days later. I've tried to make do since then but... it's been hard. Real hard."
- (If he is told that he will be adopted) "Really? You mean it? Wow, thanks! I promise, I won't be any trouble at all! Just... just let me get my things and say goodbye to everyone. I'll meet you at home. Thanks! Thanks again!"
- (When spoken to at home just after being adopted) "This is... this is great! It's everything I could have asked for! I... I know it's not much, but... I've found a few little things. I've put them in the chest in my room. If you see anything you want, take it. You've done so much for me... it's the least I can do."
- (If adopted and living in Whiterun) "Dragonsreach is so cool! All the kids there are mean, though."
- (If adopted and living in Whiterun) "Lars is such a milk-drinker. He can't even stand up to a girl."
- (If adopted and living in Lakeview Manor) "I went fishing at the lake. I almost caught something!"
- (If adopted and living in Proudspire Manor; before Battle for Solitude) "When I grow up, I wanna' join the Legion!"
- (If adopted and living in Hjerim; before Battle for Windhelm) "I'm gonna join the Stormcloaks. They're the best!"
- (If adopted and living in Hjerim) "Grimvar said a boy used to live in that abandoned house, all alone, 'til the Dark Brotherhood came 'n got him. Scary, huh?"
- (If adopted and living in Vlindrel Hall) "Aicantar let me see his museum. It's really nice."
- (If adopted and living in Vlindrel Hall) "I hate Markarth. There's nowhere to play! It's all just rocks. Rocks rocks rocks."
- (If adopted and living in Heljarchen Hall) "It's so c-c-cold here! If I play outside for too long, I'm going to freeze solid!"
- It may be impossible to gift items such as daggers or food to Alesan, although he does still ask for presents. A message appears saying that the item is too heavy to carry.