|Altar of Thrond|
|Location||West of the Temple of Miraak|
|Sublocations||Altar of Thrond Cave|
Altar of Thrond CaveEdit
The Altar of Thrond is on the right of the Altar of Thrond Cave's entrance. A human sacrifice can be found on the blood soaked altar with a semicircle of candles around the body.
Once at the end of the passageway three unique Hagravens are encountered. There is a table directly in front of the passageway entrance which has an Apothecary's Satchel on it. Further forward there is a fire with a cooking pot. Directly in front of the cooking pot is a shelter with a bedroll, an alchemy lab and two apothecary's satchels. A barrel with some gold, a coin purse and a pickaxe on it is to the left of the cooking pot.
To the left of the barrel and up the slope, there is another shelter with a locked chest and an arcane enchanter. Further up the slope from this shelter's entrance is another shelter with a chest. On the approach to the last shelter on the way up the slope there will be a third chest hidden in the rocks.
Three Hagravens are found here. The sisters were originally witches of the Glenmoril Wyrd who traveled to Solstheim to help people cure themselves of lycanthropy, however it seems over the years they have become twisted into Hagravens.
- There are two quicksilver ore veins, one silver ore vein and one moonstone ore vein here.
- The three Hagravens appeared in The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon as Isobel, Ettiene and Fallaise.
- The human sacrifice laid on the altar outside the cave has the same wounds as Susanna the Wicked.
When leaving the cave the game may get stuck on the load screen.
- Possible fix: reload the autosave at beginning of the cave and then leave when the cave originally drifted into a white limbo.
When Mining the ore veins with an ancient Nordic pickaxe it is possible to become stuck in an infinite loop of the mining animation.
- Possible work around: Once the indications of harvesting no longer show then just hit "E" (or your particular key to start mining animation again) and the animation should stop and release you.