The Altmer, also known as high elves, inhabit the Summerset Isles and consider themselves to be the most civilized culture in Tamriel. The common tongue of the empire is based on Altmer speech and writing. The Altmer are also extremely proficient with magic, eclipsing all other races in their magicka reserves.
- Fortify Maximum Magicka (1.5 x Intelligence)
- 50% Weakness to Magicka and Fire
- 25% Weakness to Frost and Shock
- Resist Disease – 75% Resistance to Common Diseases
Preferred play styleEdit
Altmer tend to be particularly adept offensive mages, primarily concentrating on destruction spells. However, the Altmer will expirience quite a significant weakness to Destruction magic in the beginning, which may make gameplay harder agaisnt others who use magical attacks. Focusing on more defensive schools of magic, like Alteration, can help alleviate this over time however.
The following is a list of notable Altmer in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
- Carecalmo - Old and powerful Mage and associate of the Dark Brotherhood.
- Hecerinde - Agent of the Thieves Guild and master Trainer of Security.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends
|Humans||Breton • Imperial • Nord • Redguard|
|Mer||Altmer • Bosmer • Dunmer • Orsimer|
|Beast||Argonian • Khajiit|