|Quest Giver||Burz gro-Khash|
|Next Quest||The Master's Son (with completion of Den of Thieves)|
Some or all of Brusef Amelion's Armor and Sword
Possible advancement to Protector rank
|Type||Fighters Guild quest|
Biene Amelion at Water's EdgeEdit
Burz gro-Khash has a contract from Biene Amelion who resides in Water's Edge, a settlement north of Leyawiin on the western shore of the Lower Niben Bay. Travel to Water's Edge and find Biene in her house or outside. She has inherited a debt (1000 gold) from her father who was dragged from the house in relation to the debt.
She wants the Hero to obtain her grandfather's ceremonial sword and cuirass: Brusef Amelion's Sword and Brusef Amelion's Cuirass, which are enchanted with frost damage and Frost Shield respectively, from the family tomb nearby, so she can sell them to pay off the debt. At this point, one can finish the quest in one of two ways:
Option 1: Pay the debtEdit
If one have the courtesy and the gold, give Biene the money necessary to pay the debt. After that, she will give them permission to keep her grandfather's armor, should they run across them later on, or loot the cave directly. Biene will also mark the location of her ancestor's tomb on the map for their convenience. One should choose this option if one have already found and sold the sword and armor, as it does not respawn ever again.
The two items that Biene wants them to obtain from Amelion Tomb have a base value of 1037 gold (Biene only wants the cuirass and the sword, not the other five pieces of armor that can also be retrieved from the tomb). If only interested in the money this is a poor choice, since the mercantile skill would need to be high enough to get a profit on the deal.
Option 2: Loot the tombEdit
Leave for Amelion's Tomb and loot it, as Biene has been kind enough to mark it on the map. It's located across the Lower Niben, southeast of Water's Edge. Once they've looted the tomb thoroughly and obtained the sword and cuirass, as well as the five other items of armor (worth nothing to Biene of course) return to Biene.
Once again the Hero are given the opportunity to give her the money to pay the debt and keep the items for themselves. Note that she is not interested in any of the other items of Brusef Amelion's Armor, as stated previously. These other items are all unenchanted, which is a certain, instantaneously great benefit if one has joined the Mages Guild and have access to the illustrious Arcane University.
Going back to CheydinhalEdit
Return to Burz gro-Khash in Cheydinhal to receive the usual level-dependent gold reward and a one point Fame increase. If one have already completed the Den of Thieves quest, Burz will also be willing to bestow upon the Hero the defensive rank of Protector. They will then have to go to Modryn Oreyn in Chorrol for your next quest, The Master's Son. Otherwise, they will have to go to Azzan in Anvil to complete Den of Thieves next.
Burz gro-Khash has given me a contract to retrieve an heirloom for Biene Amelion, who lives in Water's Edge, a small settlement near Leyawiin. I should report to her for further details.
Biene Amelion has told me that she wishes for me to retrieve her grandfather's ceremonial sword and cuirass from their family tomb. She is in debt to a local merchant, and she wishes to sell the sword and cuirass to pay off the debt.
I have learned where to retrieve the sword and armor for Biene Amelion.
I have retrieved the ceremonial sword and armor from the Amelion Tomb. I should return them to Biene Amelion.
I have decided to give Biene Amelion the money to pay off her debt. She has told me that I may keep the sword and armor, if I wish to retrieve them from the Amelion Family Tomb. I should return to Burz gro-Khash for payment of the contract.
I have given Biene Amelion her grandfather's ceremonial sword and armor so she may sell it in order to pay off her debt. I should return to gro-Khash in Cheydinhal.
I have returned to Burz gro-Khash, who was pleased with my efforts. He has paid me what was owed on the contract.
- One can collect the armor at any time (including before this quest) and also without investing in the Fighters Guild questline. This means one don't even have to apply for an Associate's "Degree" (there isn't an actual degree per se, but the notion of becoming an associate).
- The armor is not only a unique set, it has a unique appearance. This means there is nothing like it anywhere else in the game and has its own model. If one is a collector, or like to decorate the house with unique, decorative and/or interesting items, one will never have another chance to acquire any items that look like it in any way, as it doesn't respawn again.
This section contains bugs related to Amelion's Debt. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Upon completion of the quest, characters can be heard saying: "Sure, the Fighters Guild raided a family tomb, but they did it for a family member. What's wrong with that?", even if the player decided to pay the debt off themselves.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch Supplemental.
- It is considered trespassing to enter Biene Amelion's house during the quest.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.