|Services||Skill Trainer: One-Handed|
He is married to a Redguard woman named Saffir, and their daughter is Braith. He serves as a trainer of One-Handed and Block. He left military service for a quieter family life and, although he misses it sometimes, he says he knows he made the right decision.
Upon arriving in Whiterun the first time, Amren can be witnessed arguing with his wife Saffir in front of House Gray-Mane about his attempts to retrieve his family sword. His wife is upset that he's wasting too much money on the endeavor.
He employs the Dragonborn with locating his Family Sword which has been stolen by a thief. Upon completion of his quest, he increases the Dragonborn's One-Handed skill and Block skill. While his quest resembles the fetch-quests of other potential followers, he does not become one upon retrieving his sword.
- "My wife's a good woman. She can be a little hard-headed sometimes, but I love her just the same."
- "Divines smile on you, friend."
- "Have you tried mercenary work? It might suit you."
- "Sometimes I miss the soldier's life, but when I hold my daughter in my arms, I know I've made the right choice."
- If the Dragonborn is not a Nord and chooses the dialogue option "You're not from Skyrim, are you?" Amren will add, "Looks like we've got something in common then."
- Amren has a unique AI package which makes him visit Dragonsreach on Turdas. Once inside, he can sometimes be found using the alchemy lab or arcane enchanter.
- If the Dragonborn retrieves his sword for him, upon Amren's death, a Letter of Inheritance will be received from a courier, along with 100 .
This section contains bugs related to Amren. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Amren can disappear sometimes after his argument with Saffir.
- Amren sometimes won't talk to the Dragonborn or offer to train.