Amren is a male Redguard found in Whiterun. Upon first visiting the city, Amren can be found arguing with his wife, Saffir, about a lost sword. Offer to help him, and he sends the Dragonborn to retrieve it. Talk to him again and he says he has tracked it down to a bandit troupe, but he says that he dares not retrieve it without the help of the Whiterun Guard or the Companions.
Retrieve Amren's Family SwordEdit
Due to the Radiant-Story Mechanic, the sword can be found in a variety of different locations depending on your level: possible locations include:
- The location of the sword changes with character level.
- If Amren dies, the quest will be marked as failed.
- After locating the Sword and giving it to Amren, it can be pickpocketed from him.
- Because Amren's family sword is still only an Iron Sword, he usually keeps using his replacement Steel Sword, which has more damage. In order to make Amren use his family sword again, you will have to either pickpocket the steel sword out of his hands or land a successful disarming hit after which you'll have a small window of opportunity to pick up the steel sword yourself before he does. He will then draw his alternate weapon, his family sword, which he will keep using.
- Upon finishing the quest Amren will give one level boost in one handed and blocking.
- If you have Dawnguard and randomly it says you failed, its because he was killed by vampires that occasionally enter and attack Whiterun.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Unless otherwise stated, the information above was obtained from in-game play or from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Creation Kit. 
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)