|Amulet of Talos|
|Enchantment||Time between shouts is reduced 20%.|
The Amulet of Talos is an enchanted amulet found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. This amulet represents the god Talos, who is believed by many inhabitants of Skyrim to be the divine incarnation of Tiber Septim, a Dragonborn.
The Amulet can be used to decrease the cool-down time of dragon shouts by 20 percent, allowing the use of shouts more quickly.
- Radiant Raiment occasionally sells an Amulet of Talos.
- The pilgrim Karita near the end of the 7,000 steps to High Hrothgar may sometimes carry one.confirmation needed
- Can often be pickpocketed from Borri, although the base chance is below 25%.
- Can be stolen from various Hold guards, Stormcloaks, and Imperial soldiers.
- Sometimes can be found on dead Draugr.
- Roggvir is wearing one during his execution. It can be taken off of his corpse after the execution.
- Can be found on the rooftop of Fort Dawnguard in The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard, located on the rooftop accessed from the southeastern staircase once inside. (i.e. a right and another right from the entrance of the fort building)
After the beheading of Roggvir, a child named Svari in Solitude informs the Dragonborn that her mother, Greta, is very distraught by the death of her uncle, Roggvir, and is spending a lot of time at The Winking Skeever. Svari asks the Dragonborn to convince her mother Greta to return to the temple. Upon speaking to the mother, she requests that an Amulet of Talos be retrieved from the body of Roggvir before she returns to the temple.
After witnessing the beheading of Roggvir, the Dragonborn can immediately climb up and take the amulet in order to avoid having to get it from the catacombs. The beheading must be finished, or people will become hostile and attack. When the beheading is done, the amulet can be retrieved from Roggvir's body and then Svari can be spoken to.
- Thalmor soldiers will become hostile to the wearer if they are spoken to while wearing this amulet.
- The appearance of this amulet may be based on real-life Mjolnir pendants worn by devotees of Thor in ancient Scandinavia and by modern adherents of Norse Paganism.
- If the Dragonborn is a vampire and has the Necromage perk, the cooldown is reduced by 25%.
This section contains bugs related to Amulet of Talos. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
|Click to see the list of bugs encountered|
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay |
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked for Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|