|Amulet of Mara|
|Enchantment||Restoration spells cost 10% less to cast.|
Amulet of Mara is an enchanted amulet. It is used to unlock different dialogues with some characters, allowing the option of marriage with them. The Amulet of Mara is acquired from the quest The Book of Love, or is purchased for 200 from Maramal. The amulet is a symbol of Mara, goddess of love. Rarely, some guards are wearing it, and it is able to be pickpocketed. NPCs can also possess items named "Amulet of Mara" that are enchanted. Looting and wearing the enchanted versions of the Amulet of Mara found on NPCs will not function like a regular Amulet of Mara until the player speaks to Maramal about marriage.
Because most items spawn randomly, these locations might not be accurate. Possible spawn locations of the Amulet of Mara are:
- Chests (general)
- In a chest inside Mzinchaleft Depths, in a hidden room underwater in the lower right hand portion of the first area, to the right of the entrance to the zone. Chest is the small one on the nightstand on the left side of the bed.
- In a chest inside the war quarters in Blackreach.
- In the chest located in the shack with Boethia's Champion at Knifepoint Mine (during the quest Boethia's Calling).
- The chest in Reachwind Eyrie.
- In a chest in Nchuand-Zel (Control Room). Chest is in the middle/back of four Dwemer statues. In this room you can also get a full set of Dwarven Armor, behind an Expert-locked gate on the right, when facing the statue behind the chest.
- Temple of Mara in Riften: speak with Maramal about the temple's beliefs after he is initially met in The Bee and Barb, and the option will be presented to purchase one from him for around 200.
- Dwemer cabinets (which contain random amulets/necklaces).
- The amulet is a random spawn as dungeon loot.
- Found on a dead Bandit (in a hay cart near a fire) in Northwatch Keep.
- Found in one of the two dead Riften Guards in Shor's Watchtower before "meet the men" in the quest Compelling Tribute, as an Imperial.
- Also may be found as loot for a dead or alive Whiterun soldier when fighting the first dragon in the main quest at the Western Watchtower.
- May be found in a chest outside Fort Neugrad.
- In the Bee and Barb, an inn in the town of Riften and in Riften's Temple Of Mara.
- On the Stormcloaks General during the defense of Whiterun.
- In a tent along the coast northeast of Dawnstar. From the entrance of the Dawnstar Sanctuary (facing the door), go left and follow the beachline (you may encounter a few Horkers) until you see a battered tent, the amulet will be inside on the left bedroll. If taking the amulet, then returning after a few days, it might have respawned a new one.
- On the Emperor's ship, the Katariah.
- Proudspire Manor in Solitude, after purchasing the upgrades.
- On the boat at Orphan's Tear, in a chest behind the table.
- Next to the word wall on Eldersblood Peak.
- Inside the wooded structure inside Labyrinthian.
- In one of the upstairs bedrooms during the "Diplomatic Immunity" quest when you're in the Thalmor Embassy .
- In the Ansilvund Burial Chambers.
- In Radiant Raiment within Solitude.
- In Madesi's storage container with Madesi's ring during the mission A Chance Arrangement in Riften.
- the solitude archer on the left.
- An Amulet of Mara can be disenchanted at an Arcane Enchanter for the Blessing of Mara enchantment, which cannot be enchanted on an item.
- Some amulets may not register with NPCs that can be married.
- If you are married and sold the Amulet, there is small chance that you might not find a new one anywhere else.
- If you achieved this Amulet from the The Book of Love and you don't get any offer of marriage, try dropping the amulet and buying one from Maramal. It should open up proposal options during conversation.