|Ancient Nord Armor|
|Class: Heavy Armor|
|Upgrade Material: Iron Ingot|
|Perk: Daedric Smithing|
It's a variant of the iron armor set and has similar base attributes, though it is slightly lighter. Its superiority comes from the fact that it benefits from the Daedric Smithing perk, vastly improving its armor rating when upgraded. This makes it comparable with some of the higher tier armors. In addition, it does not include a shield as part of the set. However, It is relatively rare due to the fact that it cannot be obtained from fallen draugr or crafted under normal circumstances.
- The entire set can be looted from dragon cultists in Forelhost during the quest "Siege on the Dragon Cult".
- The entire set can be looted from the ghost encountered at Kjenstag Ruins between 8:00 PM and 4:00 AM.
- All pieces except the helmet can be bought from Aela the Huntress if married, but only after trading her stronger armor.
- All pieces except the helmet can be looted from Ascendant Necromancer if the player level is above 81.
- Several pieces can be found inside nooks and on several tables inside the Forsaken Crypt.
- The helmet can be found in Ysgramor's Tomb, atop a table.
The armor is displayed in the Daedric section of the crafting list because the armor benefits from the Daedric Smithing perk, which doubles the improvement. All pieces can be upgraded with an Iron Ingot at a workbench.
Attributes by pieceEdit
|Piece||Iron Ingot||Leather||Leather Strips||Steel Ingot||ID|
|Ancient Nord Armor||25||28||125||2||2||4||5||00018388|
|Ancient Nord Boots||10||5||25||2||2||3||4||00056A9D|
|Ancient Nord Gauntlets||10||4||25||2||2||3||3||00056B17|
|Ancient Nord Helmet||15||4||60||2||2||3||3||00056A9E|
- Ancient Nord Armor is worn by Hakon One-Eye, several other Nord heroes in Sovngarde, and Aela the Huntress.
- Although Ancient Nord Armor is classed as heavy armor, it has an appearance much more like that of light armor on female characters.
- Hold Guards will often comment about the armor, stating that it "stinks of death" and ask if they've been grave robbing, possibly because this armor is usually worn by Draugr.
- One of the first screenshots for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim showed a Khajiit in front of a Shrine of Talos wearing the armor.
- The armor is directly linked to the appearance of the Draugr and has many different variants. When worn with the original helmet it has the appearance of a Draugr Scourge and when combined with the Helm of Yngol it has the appearance of a Draugr Deathlord.
- The armbands are missing in the male first person.
- There is a graphical clipping issue with the "skirt" area of the chest piece, mainly on the back of the character's left leg when moving or sprinting. It seems to be more prominent on larger (bulkier) characters. This is also present on the female model, around the right shoulder on the back when walking.
- The helmet might not appear on a Mannequin.
- May disappear on a Mannequin.