|Ancient Nord Helmet|
|Class: Heavy Armor, Helmet|
|Upgrade Material: Iron Ingot|
|Perk: Daedric Smithing|
It's a variant of the Iron Helmet and has similar base attributes, however what makes it superior is it benefits from the Daedric Smithing perk which vastly improves its armor rating when upgraded. This makes it comparable with some of the higher tier armors.
It bears a resemblance to the decayed helmets worn by certain Draugr, however what makes it relatively rare is the fact that it cannot be obtained from defeated Draugr or crafted under normal circumstances.
The helmet also differs in appearance depending on the gender of the wearer. Male characters have two curved horns, much like the Iron Helmet. Female characters have a helmet with what appear to be deer or Elk antlers.
- The entire set including; armor piece, helm, boots and gauntlets can be looted from the Dragon Cultist in Forelhost during the quest "Siege on the Dragon Cult".
- Forsaken Cave
- Potema's Catacombs
- Temple of Miraak DB - worn by a seated skeleton by the dining area.
- Ysgramor's Tomb - on an offering table near where Kodlak White-Mane is freed from his wolf spirit.
- Ancient Helmet of the Unburned - a unique variant with a 40% resist fire enchantment.
- Ahzidal's Helm of Vision - a unique variant found in The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn.
- This Helmet resembles the playable helmets of The Elder Scrolls: Arena, where all plate helmets wore by the Eternal Champion were identical in shape and the only difference was the color (depending of the material, for example the dwarven helmet looked like a golden version of the plate one)
- The Ancient Nord Helmet may not display on mannequins properly, leaving the head uncovered.
- On female Argonians it may appear as the male variant.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)