It is a variant of the iron helmet and has similar base attributes. However, what makes it superior is that it benefits from the Daedric Smithing perk, which vastly improves its armor rating when upgraded. This makes it comparable with some of the higher tier armors.
It bears a resemblance to the decayed helmets worn by some draugr, however, what makes it relatively rare is the fact that it cannot be taken from defeated draugr or crafted under normal circumstances.
The helmet also differs in appearance depending on the gender of the wearer. Male characters have two curved horns, much like the iron helmet. Female characters have a helmet with what appear to be deer or Elk antlers.
- The entire set, including the armor piece, helm, boots and gauntlets can be collected from the Dragon Cultists in Forelhost during the quest Siege on the Dragon Cult.
- Forsaken Cave – in the tomb, in a little alcove.
- Labyrinthian. It is found perched on an ancient Nord sword in a special room. Both the sword and the helmet have special fire-based enchantments.
- Valthume – in the first chamber, sitting on the ground next to the throne.
- Soul Cairn DG – outside of the Reaper's Lair, to the east, next to a skeleton resting on a big rock.
- Potema's Catacombs.
- Temple of Miraak DR – worn by a seated skeleton by the dining area.
- Ysgramor's Tomb – on an offering table near where Kodlak White-Mane is freed from his wolf spirit.
- Ancient Helmet of the Unburned – a unique variant with a 40% resist fire enchantment.
- Ahzidal's Helm of Vision – a unique variant found in The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn.
- Helm of Yngol – a unique variant with a 30% resist frost enchantment.
- This Helmet resembles the playable helmets of The Elder Scrolls: Arena, in which all plate helmets worn by the Eternal Champion were identical in shape and the only difference was the color (depending of the material; for example, the Dwarven helmet looked like a golden version of the plate version).
This section contains bugs related to Ancient Nord Helmet. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The helmet may not display on mannequins properly, leaving the head uncovered.
- The helmet may appear as the male variant on female Argonians.