An Ancient Nordic Pickaxe is a one-handed weapon found in Solstheim. It is the only kind of pickaxe that is capable of mining Stalhrim. It is also capable of mining anything that can be mined with a normal pickaxe. By the Fourth Era, there are very few of the pickaxes remaining. It can be enchanted, but cannot be improved with Smithing.
- Sold by Baldor Iron-Shaper of Skaal Village.
- Sold by Glover Mallory in Raven Rock once the Dragonborn assists the Skaal Village. Also rewarded for completing "An Axe to Find."
- Northwest of Tel Mithryn, near a chest or lootable from a corpse up a creek.
- Random loot in chests.
- Hoarfrost – A unique variant held by Ralis Sedarys. It can be obtained via pickpocketing or completing the quest "Unearthed."
- There is a unique variant of the Ancient Nordic Pickaxe with the ID
DLC2RR03NordPickaxein the game files. Though it appears identical to the standard version in every way, it has a unique Item ID in-game 0206f2 and this is the actual weapon retrieved from Crescius Caerellius. If adding the item via console, this is the only version Glover Mallory will accept to complete the "An Axe to Find" quest.
Glover Mallory, the blacksmith in Raven Rock, will mention that his pickaxe was "borrowed" by Crescius Caerellius. He asks for it to be retrieved. Once it is returned to him, he allows the Dragonborn to keep it.
This section contains bugs related to Ancient Nordic Pickaxe. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If equipped by Ralis Sedarys, it appears floating in the ground (same with Hoarfrost).