He also mentions that in more recent times he was a Stormcloak soldier, but this was cut short when he took a sword through the chest.
If given a gold coin, he becomes a candidate for marriage. Additionally, if he dies after given a coin, in his will he says that he and the Dragonborn are related. The Jarl of Windhelm will then give you a condolence letter and an inheritance of 100 gold. If you do not approach the Jarl of Windhelm, a courier will find you and hand you a letter as well as the inheritance. It is also possible to marry him if you allow him to keep a dropped article of clothing or piece of armor.
- "I would be out there fighting the Imperials right now if it wasn't for my war wound."
- "I was one of the best soldiers in the Stormcloak army, until I took a sword through the chest."
- "Ever since that Imperial craven ran me through from behind, I've had trouble breathing. Don't have any trouble drinking though."
- "I once killed six men, single-handed, while rescuing my brothers-in-arms from ambush by an Imperial patrol."
- "I'm not too proud to admit that I need a bit of help from time to time."
- "Good to see you again, friend."
- "It's our wedding day. I feel like all of Skyrim is focused on just the two of us." (if spoken to before he walks up to the alter inside the Temple or Mara)
- "Hello my love. Back from some adventure I bet."
- "Yes my love? What do you need?"
- "Goodbye, my love."
- "Fine love. I think the fresh air does wonders for us all, and this house...it's just perfect." (when asked about the kids in a homestead)
- After completing the quest Innocence Lost he carries around a key to the Aretino Residence. The reason for this is not yet known.
- Upon downloading and activating the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, Aventus Aretino will leave the Aretino Residence and Angrenor will move in. His dialogue upon moving in is that he has been close to the Aretino family and he feels that they wouldn't mind if he moves in. He also states that he doesn't believe the rumor that Aventus called an assassin to the home. The spot where Aventus performed the black sacrament also has been cleaned up, though the house is still a mess.
- After dropping an item anywhere in Windhelm, he shows up with it and asks you if he can keep it.
- He is the Stormcloak counterpart of Noster Eagle-Eye. Both fought in the great war, claim to have been the best at what they did, lost everything due to injury, and are beggars in the capital cities of the Imperials and Stormcloaks during the civil war.
- Despite his disliking of the Dark Elves, unlike Rolff Stone-Fist, he doesn't insult player's race if they're a Dunmer.
- One of his quotes possibly references the line made by many city guards.