|It has been suggested that this page be split into one or more multiple articles, because: (Discuss)|
Animal Extermination is a quest available in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. In these quests the Dragonborn is asked to help a citizen of a given city by killing an animal in a given cave, or in a house which it has invaded.
Alternatively, if the Dragonborn add-on is installed, the Dragonborn may be sent to the island of Solstheim. The quest usually gives 300 for clearing out the animals (however, it is also level-dependent, so more gold may be given at higher levels).
The animals that invade homes or caves include:
|Animal Extermination – CR01|
|10||I've been asked to clear the <Alias=Beast> out of <Alias=BeastVictim>'s home in <Alias=VictimHometown>.
|20||I've cleared the <Alias=Beast> out of <Alias=BeastVictim>'s home in <Alias=VictimHometown>.
- Animals may be in the Dragonborn's own home if their spouse is the victim. If this happens, the spouse will wait in their hometown regardless of where they currently live.
This section contains bugs related to Animal Extermination. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
If an area has been cleared before getting the quest to clear it, it may not allow completion of the quest, leaving it at a standstill in both this quest's progress and the Companion's progress.
- console commands. It is possible to resurrect the dead animal and continue, using
setstage CR02 100to complete the quest. Alternatively the player can enter
- It is possible that the quest will be completed without killing everything in the area.
- Aela will sometimes refuse to end the quest, even if all the animals in the given area have been killed.
- The location of the animal may change every time the Dragonborn arrives at that point, making it impossible to kill the animal. Furthermore, the quest will indicate completion yet the quest marker will continue to pop up, making it impossible to eliminate it.
- Sometimes upon arrival at a building with the target animal, the door will be locked even though it is daytime. This requires the lock to be picked and since the owner of the house or a guard is often right outside when this happens, it is difficult to unlock the door without being caught, which will result in a bounty. Although this does not affect the quest, it can be a nuisance.
- Dragonborn add-on is installed, the quest may require going to Solstheim and killing a Dragon Priest. When the
|The Companions Quests|
|Main Quest||Take Up Arms • Proving Honor • The Silver Hand • Blood's Honor • Purity of Revenge • Glory of the Dead|
|Radiant Quests||Animal Extermination • Hired Muscle • Trouble in Skyrim • Family Heirloom • Escaped Criminal |
Rescue Mission • Striking the Heart • Stealing Plans • Retrieval
Totems of Hircine • Purity • Dragon Seekers