|Have an image that helps illustrate this quest?|
Then please upload it!
For more information please consult our image policies
|Quest Giver||Aela the Huntress|
In these quests the Dragonborn is asked to help a citizen of a given city because an animal has intruded their home, or kill wildlife in a cave in Skyrim. The quest usually gives 300 for clearing out the animals. However this is level related, this means that the higher level you are the more gold you get.
The animals that invade homes or caves include:
I've been asked to clear the <radiant creature> out of <radiant NPC>'s home in <radiant location.
I've cleared the <radiant creature> out of <radiant NPC>'s home in <radiant location>.
This section contains bugs related to Animal Extermination. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If an area has been cleared before getting the quest to clear it, it may not allow completion of the quest, leaving it at a standstill in both this quest's progress and the Companion's progress.
- It is possible that the quest will be completed without killing everything in the area.
- Aela will sometimes refuse to end the quest, even if all the animals in the given area have been killed.
- The location of the animal may change every time the Dragonborn arrives at that point, making it impossible to kill the animal. Furthermore, the quest will indicate completion yet the landmark will continue to pop up, making it impossible to eliminate the landmark.
- Sometimes upon arrival at a building with the target animal, the door will be locked even though it is daytime. This requires the lock to be picked and since the owner of the house or a guard is often right outside when this happens, it is difficult to unlock the door without being caught, which will not only result in a bounty, and trespassing. Although this does not affect the quest, it can be a nuisance.
- Dragonborn add-on is installed, the quest may require going to Solstheim and killing a Dragon Priest. , When the
- Animals may be in the Dragonborn's home if their spouse is the victim. If this happens, the spouse will wait in their hometown regardless of where they currently live.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Unless otherwise stated, the information above was obtained from in-game play or from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Creation Kit. 
|The Companions Quests|
|Main Quest||Take Up Arms • Proving Honor • The Silver Hand • Blood's Honor • Purity of Revenge • Glory of the Dead|
|Radiant Quests||Animal Extermination • Hired Muscle • Trouble in Skyrim • Family Heirloom • Escaped Criminal |
Rescue Mission • Striking the Heart • Stealing Plans • Retrieval
Totems of Hircine • Purity • Dragon Seekers