There are harvestable leeks, cabbages, potatoes, and mountain flowers outside. Because of the crafting facilities in the basement, this location may also serve as a useful house/storage area at earlier levels. There is also a bed in the house which will become available if Anise is killed. Even after her death, however, any items taken from the cabin will still be classed as stolen.
Near her bed is a trapdoor to her cellar. In it can be found Anise's Letter to Helgi, which reveals Anise to be a witch. Anise's relation to Helgi is unknown; however, it is known that Anise and Helgi are both of magical talent and wish to start a coven in the forest of Falkreath, where Anise's cabin resides. Upon exiting the cellar, Anise will become hostile.
- Song of the Alchemists Alchemy skill book – on the shelf at the end of the bed.
- Anise's Letter to Helgi – on a counter in the basement.
- Potent Paralysis Poison on the top of a cupboard in the basement.
- An Iron Ore vein, found just a little south of the cabin, next to the river.
- Petty and lesser soul gems on the shelf near the door.
- A Garlic braid near the table.
- Hagraven Feathers in the basement, on the counter.
- Snowberries on a shelf near the door.
- Red, Purple, and Blue Mountain Flowers in and around the cabin.
- After leaving the basement, if the Dragonborn leaves the area without killing Anise, she will forever be hostile, attacking every time the Dragonborn shows up.
- Note that everything in Anise's cabin will be marked as stealing even after you have killed her.
- If Anise is killed, it will trigger a delayed event in which three hired thugs are sent to kill the Dragonborn. Thugs can also appear if the house is stolen from (in particular the letter in the basement), and Anise is unharmed. The author of the letter is Moira, a Hagraven and the sister of Anise, who plays a role in the quest "A Night to Remember."
- The paralysis potion in the basement is always "Potent" grade (which starts to appear around levels 20+), even if the player is level 1 when visiting the cabin.