Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Apparel are different types of garments or body gear found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Apparel can be divided in categories:
The maximum amount of apparel that can be worn is seven: there are head, body, feet, hands, fingers, neck and left hand item slots (the latter can hold an equipped shield).
Apart from the cosmetic and aesthetic value, most apparel items (that are not already enchanted) can be enchanted at an Arcane Enchanter. A variety of useful enchantments can be applied (e.g. Fortify Skill, Resist Magic).
Apparel is abundant in Skyrim, and may be acquired through a variety of means. Items can be crafted, purchased at the Shops and received as quests rewards. However, most leveled Items are found during dungeon explorations and looted from enemy corpses. Apart from Blacksmiths, most General Goods Merchants also sell a limited range of Apparel (including Jewelry). Many NPC's have Apparel, some are unique.
- Main article: Merchants (Skyrim)
- Items are expensive in the beginning, but increasing your Speech skill and obtaining Perks in its tree decrease the prices.
- There is only one "fingers slot", so the player character can only equip one Ring.
- Unenchanted Clothing offers no physical protection, but Armor is heavy and slows you down. Some Perks and effects counteract this, like Conditioning and the Steed Stone.
- When walking around in Skyrim naked, people will comment, upon first seeing the Dragonborn, on how embarrassing it is.
- The enchantment glitch allows to have Weapons and Armor with points over the cap level.
- All clothing that is not classified as "Light", "Medium" or "Heavy Armor", and has an armor value of 0, is also compatible with the Mage Armor perk from the Alteration tree.
- The Radiant Raiment in Solitude has an extensive supply of Apparel available for purchase to all levels.