| Base Value:|
15% reduction on all spells cast
100% extra Magicka regeneration
Visually it resembles a poncho in the shape of a triangle, draped across the front of the body. The hood is fixed to the robes and cannot be removed, thus only circlets and masks can be worn on head, while wearing these robes.
These are some of the highest enchantments avaliable for magic orientated characters. Regular enchanted robes or armor do not typically reach the height of these attributes, however they are out-ranked by expert and master robes for those specialized in one school of magic (e.g. Master Robes of Destruction).
They are rewarded to the player upon completion of The Eye of Magnus, along with a key to the quarters of the Arch-Mage.
- While wearing the robes, some guards might say: "So you're the leader of those mages in Winterhold, am I supposed to be impressed?".
- mannequin in Proudspire, exiting the manor, re-entering, and removing the robes. These robes can be duplicated by placing them on the right-
- When worn with a Dragon Priest Mask, the head disappears. Dragon Priest Masks may also make the face invisible during the death animation.
- Solution: Save, then reload the game. Removing or dropping the mask or robes, then re-equipping them may resolve this issue.
- Thalmor Boots, or certain other legwear, the leg joints between the boot and the robe become invisible similar to any of the Dragon Priest Masks. Thieves Guild Boots and Elven Boots procure similar cosmetic malfunctions. Also, when worn with
- Sometimes, when entering a new cell, the effects of the robes disable, and can only be fixed by reloading a previous save.
- When equipping any hoods while wearing the Archmage's robes (which will normally automatically unequip the robes), and then take the hood back off, the Archmage's robes' hood will stay on with whatever torso, arms and legs equipment worn, despite the fact that the Robes are still unequipped.
- Despite the excellent stats, many mage-type followers may choose their default robes over the Archmage's. This is likely due to the followers ignoring the stat bonuses and only factoring the armor rating (both being "0.")