Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The other path is directly south of Haemar's Shame. From the fast travel point, a narrow path leads down to the north, but then curves back towards the south. The path leads generally south and east, past Alchemist's Shack. Turning south, just past Rift Imperial Camp, a winding path leads up to the west. At one point, the Dragonborn gets a high view of the point.
The area around the temple is vast. Two groups of five skeletons can be found patrolling the area. Near the center is a platform with a sarcophagus containing a leveled Draugr Deathlord or Dragon Priest. With Dawnguard installed, a word wall and a dragon will also be located there, often leading to fights between the draugr and the dragon. Upon reaching level 78, however, the dragon will always spawn to be a Legendary Dragon. In the high northeastern section of this area, there is a tower with a few leveled undead. A dragon priest can also spawn at high levels.
- Restoration skill book - Withershins – Atop the pedestal found at the top of a dilapidated tower, which can be reached by heading directly north from the dais with the sarcophagus and through the small room with an altar and a log trap (triggered by a clearly-visible pressure plate before entering the chamber), after which a path to the north-east that leads to the book can be found.
Locations: Arcwind Point
|HET Mah ARNVID FaaL|
STaaDNAU WEN HaaS DENOS
MINRIN KeiN DO GALIK KOLOS
ROK OFaaL DILOS AHRaaN
|Here fell Arnvid The|
Unbound whose health decline
? War of Pine where
He receive deadly Wound
- If a dragon enters the location, the entombed draugr reanimate to fight it, though draugr are said to be the undead worshipers of dragonkind.
- This is one of the few locations in the game where Draugr Deathlords can be met when at lower levels.
- At higher levels, rare Draugr Death Overlords can be encountered in this location.
- This is also one of the very few locations where a Hulking Draugr can be found.
- Depending on level, the sarcophagus on the elevated octagon shaped plateau may even hold a maskless Dragon Priest or a Draugr Wight Lord.
- With the addition of Dawnguard, a word wall will be present with the new shout Drain Vitality.
- This is one of the highest level locations in the game, due to the high level draugr encountered. In Dawnguard, a legendary dragon can be encountered at this location even when at mid-level.
- There is a quicksilver ore vein past the arc and guarded by leveled creatures, which could be wolves or even frost trolls (if approaching from Autumnwatch Tower). There is another quicksilver ore vein past the temple, up the long flight of stairs in the flat area with the burial cairns, in the left corner.
- There are three areas where one can encounter high-level Draugr: the coffin in the burial pit (past the first quicksilver ore vein), the coffin at the "temple," and the coffin on the other side of the building up the stairs from the temple. The draugr in the latter two coffins (especially the one past the temple) are always 10 or so levels higher than the player character when they visit, i.e., Draugr Scourge Lords when level 18.
- Skeletons appear when fighting the draugr, usually in groups of 4 or 5.
- Even without Dawnguard, a leveled Dragon will appear at the area once the Dragon Rising quest has been completed.
- If having trouble with the draugr, one can run up the stairs past the temple and hop onto the ledge to the right. If far enough away from the stairs, the draugr will not be able to attack the player character, but can be attacked themselves via magic or bows and arrows.
This section contains bugs related to Arcwind Point (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Dawnguard is not installed) If Arngeir gives Arcwind Point as the location of a Word of Power, finding the word wall and learning the word may not complete the "Find the Word of Power in Arcwind Point" miscellaneous quest objective. The quest marker will remain in front of the word wall. The word wall located at Northwind Summit completes this quest, but only if it has not been previously found.
(Note: This bug does not occur if
- The console command SetStage FreeFormHighHrothgarA 20 can be used to complete the quest, however Arngeir may give the quest again.
- Since finding the word wall at Northwind Summit is the only known way to resolve this bug, this can be avoided by discovering the Arcwind Point word wall before the Northwind Summit one.
- Arngeir might give the Dragonborn the "Find the Word of Power in Arcwind Point" miscellaneous quest again after the console command to complete the quest has been used. The word at the wall will be glowing, even if already learned, but it won't be able to be "learned" again. The console command may be used again to receive the next word wall location from Arngeir.