Enigmatic and intelligent, the Argonians are experts at guerrilla warfare and their natural abilities suit their swampy homeland. They have developed immunities to the diseases that have doomed many would-be explorers in the region, and they are capable of easily exploring underwater locations due to their ability to breathe water. Argonians make proficient thieves, due to their increased lockpicking and sneaking skills.
After conquering the Dunmer province of Morrowind following the eruption of Red Mountain, little is known about the politics of the Argonians in the Fourth Era. There is an Argonian political faction called the An-Xileel, but there is little information about them, except they're composed of mostly, if not all, Argonians, and that they pushed back Mehrunes Dagon's forces during the Oblivion Crisis in Black Marsh and were the faction responsible for orchestrating the conquest of Morrowind.
In Windhelm, Argonians are sequestered from the predominantly Nordic population and are forced to live at the Argonian Assemblage at the city docks. After the mass exodus of Dunmer and Argonian peoples to the city of Windhelm, the citizens became suspicious, worrying that the immigrants would influence or otherwise dilute their culture and so forced them into segregation. Largely, this extreme behavior was inspired by the political confrontation between the Empire of Tamriel and the rulers of Skyrim-- which amplified this suspicion of outside influence -- rather than blatant racism. 
Unlike the citizens of Skyrim who prefer to marry using an Amulet of Mara, some Argonians adhere to their native marriage traditions. In Black Marsh, it is customary to present a lover with an Argonian Wedding Band, which is crafted by the courting member. Each ring is unique and has personal meaning to the creator and the recipient. 
- Histskin: Invoke the power of the Hist to recover health ten times faster for 60 seconds. Can only be used once a day.
- Resist Disease: Your Argonian blood is 50% resistant to disease.
- Water Breathing: Your Argonian Lungs can breathe underwater.
Popular usage and unique gameplay
The Argonians' stealth and lockpicking make them brilliant Assassins, Thieves, scouts and ambushers. Their lack of combat bonuses in archery and one-handed weapons can be overcome by natural skill leveling and skilled play. The Argonian can be used fairly well as a spellsword, but Conjuration training may be necessary.
They are roughly comparable to their rivals and neighbors, the Khajiit from Elsweyr and the Bosmer from Valenwood. Like the Khajiit, Argonians do more damage in unarmed combat compared to other races due to their tough, scaled skin, though not as much as their clawed feline counterparts.
Argonians have unique advantages due to their natural water breathing ability. This gives them an all-terrain versatility that other races need magic, potions, or enchanted gear to fill. Argonians are able to make ample use of Skyrim's waterways as a means of quick travel, free from ambush and interference (for example, traveling from Riverwood to Whiterun by river can be quite expedient and avoids roadside hazards like Wolves, bandits and assassins). River travel has its own share of hazards, however, such as waterfalls, rapids, and hostile animals such as Slaughterfish and Mudcrabs. They can also be quite a "tank" in battle because of their Histskin ability that multiplies their health regeneration 10 times.
The following is a list of some of the more notable Argonians that can be found in Skyrim:
- Beem-Ja - A mage bodyguard encountered in Ironbind Barrow.
- Deeja and her brother, Jaree-Ra - Blackblood Marauders who plundered a merchant ship near Solitude.
- Deekus - A lone resident in a campsite near Hela's Folly and is a target of the Dark Brotherhood.
- Deep-In-His-Cups - A random encounter after completing "A Night to Remember" quest.
- Derkeethus - The only Argonian follower, found in Darkwater Pass.
- From-Deepest-Fathoms - A survivor of Avanchnzel who lives in Riften's Docks and gives the quest "Unfathomable Depths".
- Gulum-Ei - A dock worker in East Empire Company.
- Madesi - A jeweler in Riften.
- Neetrenaza - A dock worker in Windhelm.
- Scouts-Many-Marshes - A dock worker in Windhelm, and one of the two only marriageable male Argonians.
- Shahvee - A dock worker in Windhelm, and the only marriageable female Argonian.
- Stands-In-Shallows - An old Skooma addict residing in the Argonian Assemblage.
- Talen-Jei - The proprietor of the Bee and Barb.
- Teeba-Ei - A miner who resides at Stonehills and works at Rockwallow Mine, housecarl to the Stormcloak-based Jarl Sorli the Builder of Morthal.
- Veezara - The last Shadowscale of the Dark Brotherhood.
- Watches-The-Roots - An adventurer with From-Deepest-Fathoms who perished during the expedition at Avanchnzel.
- Wujeeta - An ex-Skooma-addict working at the Riften Fishery.
|Races in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
|Humans||Breton • Imperial • Nord • Redguard|
|Mer||Altmer • Bosmer • Dunmer • Orc|
|Beast||Argonian • Khajiit|