- Main article: Creatures (Morrowind)
They are described by characters in the game as follows: The ash ghoul is a distorted, half-human, half-beast creature transformed by a mysterious force into a powerful magical being. Ash ghouls are highly intelligent, aggressive, and dangerous. Ash ghouls are associated in some way with the Devil Dagoth Ur.. They also have the ability to give the character Ash Woe.
The Ash Ghouls appear as hideous, grey skinned humanoids with trunk-like noses, dressed in grey robes with a grey hood.
- (Disease) Ash Woe Blight (Variable chance of character contracting)
- (Ability): Reflect 20% Magic back on Caster
- Spark: Shock Damage (Target): 2-20 (5 foot Radius).
- Earwig: Sound (Target): 5 seconds. 3-8 magnitude.
- First Barrier: Shield: 30 seconds on Self (10 points).
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (First appearance)