- Raven Rock Temple Ancestral Tomb during "Clean Sweep"
- Old Attius Farm before "March of the Dead"
- Fort Frostmoth during and after March of the Dead
- Outside the Bulwark attacking Redoran Guards before completing March of the Dead
- Outside Tel Mithryn before completing Old Friends
- Highpoint Tower during and after Old Friends
- Randomly spawn in Solstheim's ashlands
- They are fire-based creatures, and use Destruction spells, such as Firebolt or Fireball. They're dangerous in numbers, so low-level characters shouldn't try to engage them in a fight.
The standard, lowest-level of Ash Spawn. They can be seen wielding one-handed weapons, two-handed weapons, and wielding destruction magic.
Ash Spawn ImmolatorEdit
Ash Spawn Immolators seem to be merely more powerful versions of Ash Spawn. They have 2-3 times as much health as normal Ash Spawn, and fight in similar manners.
Ash Spawn SkirmisherEdit
The Ash Spawn Skirmishers use both magic and melee attacks. They usually keep their distance to cast fire destruction spells from a range. They use Firebolt and Fireball to attack.
- Despite being made of ash (possibly held together by a set of bones) and never utilizing any armor whatsoever, Ash Spawn are far more resilient than one would assume and prove to be quite a challenge even for properly equipped high-level characters. Also, despite appearing to be based on the element of fire, they do not seem to be vulnerable to frost.
- When Ash Spawn are killed, their weapons disintegrate.
- They usually drop a variety of metal ores - including the typically rarer ones such as ebony ore, gold ore or quicksilver ore - but they always drop some spawn ash, an alchemical ingredient.
- The Dragonborn can acquire the Conjure Ash Spawn spell by helping Neloth with his research and purchasing the spell from Talvas Fathryon afterwards.
- According to Elder Othreloth, Ash Spawn are the re-animated cremated remains of deceased Dunmer. The Dunmer cremate their dead and inter or scatter the ashes, and it is further proven by them being encountered in the Raven Rock Ancestral Tomb, rising from the ashes of the deceased.
- The second volume of Ildari Sarothril's journal - a former apprentice of Neloth with a Heart Stone replacing her actual heart - describes how she heard "the bones in the ash calling to [her]" through the connection that her Heart Stone gave. Through it, she found she could "bind the spirits to bone and ash and raise a servant to do [her] bidding". It's possible that Ildari Sarothril is the source of some, if not all, of the Ash Spawn on Solstheim, and that rather than just the cremated dead, the Ash Spawn might also be the remains of the victims of Red Mountain's eruption.
- Ash Spawn have their own form of Firebolt, which has less flames and throws off a small shower of sparks and smoke on contact.
- The Conjure Ash Spawn spell is unaffected by the Twin Souls perk.
- Ash Spawn animations are similar to animations used by Draugr.
- Ash Spawn seem to be the Solstheim version of a Restless Draugr; both use magic and use various one- or two-handed weaponry.