Ataxia in Skyrim
Slaughterfish, Frostbite Spiders, Skeevers
Pickpocket difficulty increased by 25% (25% harder)
- Main article: Diseases (Skyrim)
Contracted from Slaughterfish, Frostbite Spiders, Skeevers, and Traps (such as swinging axes), Ataxia causes Lockpicking and Pickpocketing to become 25% harder until cured. Luckily, shrines are plentiful in Skyrim and will function as a cure when visited.
- Pickpocket difficulty increased by 25% (25% harder)
- Lockpicking difficulty increased by 25% (25% harder)
- Arcadia suggests the Dragonborn has it, but she tells this everytime she is spoken to, regardless of the Dragonborn's condition.
- Unlike the real life disease by the same name, Ataxia is not fatal.
- Characters may mention the Dragonborn has Ataxia even after it is cured.