Athis is a Dunmer warrior and a member of The Companions. He resides in The Companions' mead hall, Jorrvaskr, in Whiterun. Expert in One-handed combat, he is the only current Dunmer among the ranks of the Companions.
- When first encountered in Jorrvaskr, Athis will be in a conflict with Njada Stonearm that escalates into a brawl that Athis will inevitably lose.
- During "Blood's Honor," he gets injured when Jorrvaskr is attacked.
- After completing "Glory of the Dead," Athis can be recruited as a follower, and can be married if an Amulet of Mara is worn when speaking to him.
- He offers Expert-level training in One-handed, up to level 75.
- Athis may be recruited into the Blades and given Blades Armor if he is presented to Delphine in Sky Haven Temple.
Combat skill proficiencies from highest to lowest:
- "I never thought they would actually let me join The Companions. But now it looks like they're letting anyone in these days."
- "I avoid going to Eastmarch if I can. Something in the air. I think it's just too close to the border."
- "Are you thinking you're better than me. I crawled west out of the wasteland, so show some respect."
- "Honor is in our blood, death in our hearts. If you seek either, you've found the right place."
- "Look, I've got training to get to."
- "To what do I owe the honor?"
- "Safe travels."
- "We are all Ashlanders now, brother/sister. Good to find another family that cares where they came from, eh?" ―If the Dragonborn is a Dunmer.
- "'Even an Elf can be born with the heart of a Nord,' Skjor told me when I joined. I think he meant it as a compliment."
- "I always thought that the new Harbinger would be taller." - Passing comment after Glory of the Dead.
- Athis is one of many characters who leaves a letter of inheritance upon death.
- When asked why he joined the Companions, he will reply "Fortune and glory, friend, fortune and glory." This may be a reference to the Indiana Jones saga, as that was often said in the films.
- Being Dunmer, Athis shares some of his combat dialogue with all other Dunmer in Skyrim, and will thus say such lines as "Nerevar guide me!" and "Azura curse you!"
- Although his default gear is governed by the Light Armor skill, Athis is actually more proficient in Heavy Armor.
- His default boots are actually "clothing" type boots, meaning that they provide no armor whatsoever.
- When first entering Jorrvaskr, Athis starts a fist fight with Njada. If listening closely over the din of the battle, Skjor can be heard remarking, "Are these two at it again?", indicating that Athis has been in brawls with Njada in the past.
- When spoken to before completing the Companions' main questline, Athis says that he will become the next Harbinger. However, he is not a member of the Circle, where the future Harbingers are selected from, so he may be referring to that as an elf, he would live longer than his human comrades, to become a future Harbinger.
- Athis' conversations with Torvar and Farkas consist of him trying to convince them to use One-handed weapons.
This section contains bugs related to Athis. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If he is killed, he may still re-appear alive again in Whiterun.
- Calm on Njada Stone-Arm during her fight with Athis, Athis will suddenly turn on the Dragonborn. This can be fixed by simply using Calm on him. If the Dragonborn used
- random encounter, he may remain at the scene of the battle and never return to Jorrvaskr. If encountered as part of a
- If the Dragonborn attacks him during "Battle for Whiterun," he may never move and only stay in a battle position.