|Skills||Heavy Armor, One-Handed|
Athis is a Dunmer warrior and a member of The Companions. He resides in The Companions' mead hall Jorrvaskr in Whiterun. Expert in One-handed combat, he is the only current Dunmer among the ranks of the Companions.
- When first encountered in Jorrvaskr, Athis will be in a conflict with Njada Stonearm that escalates into a brawl that Athis will inevitably lose.
- During Blood's Honor, he gets injured when Jorrvaskr is attacked.
- After completing Glory of the Dead, Athis can be recruited as a Follower.
- He offers Expert-level Training in One-handed, up to level 75.
- If the Dragonborn is in possession of an Amulet of Mara, Athis is a candidate for marriage.
- Athis may be recruited into the Blades and given Blades Armor if he is presented to Delphine in Sky Haven Temple.
Combat skill proficiencies from highest to lowest:
- "I never thought they would actually let me join The Companions. But now it looks like they're letting anyone in these days."
- "I avoid going to Eastmarch if I can. Something in the air. I think it's just too close to the border."
- "Are you thinking you're better than me. I crawled west out of the wasteland, so show some respect."
- "Honor is in our blood, death in our hearts. If you seek either, you've found the right place."
- "Look, I've got training to get to."
- "And what might you need, hmm?"
- "To what do I owe the honor?"
- "Safe travels."
- "We are all Ashlanders now, brother/sister. Good to find another family that cares where they came from, eh?" ―If the Dragonborn is a Dunmer.
- Athis is one of many characters who leaves a letter of inheritance upon death.
- Athis sometimes mentions that he tries to stay away from Eastmarch as it is too close to "the border," referring to the border between Skyrim and the home of the Dunmer, Morrowind.
- When asked why he joined the Companions he will reply "Fortune and glory, friend, fortune and glory." This may be a reference to the Indiana Jones saga, as that was often said in the films.
- If the player is a Dunmer and starts a conversation with him, he will say "We are all Ashlanders now, brother/sister. Good to find another family that cares where they came from, eh?"
- Being Dunmer, Athis shares some of his combat dialogue with all other Dunmer in Skyrim, and will thus say such lines as "Nerevar Guide me!" and "Azura curse you!"
- Although his default gear is governed by the Light Armor skill, Athis is actually more proficient in Heavy Armor.
- His default boots are actually "clothing" type boots, meaning that they provide no armor whatsoever.
This section contains bugs related to Athis. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If he is killed, he may still re-appear alive again in Whiterun.
- Calm on Njada Stone-Arm during her fight with Athis, Athis will suddenly turn on the Dragonborn. This can be fixed by simply using calm on him. If the Dragonborn used
- random encounter, he may remain at the scene of the battle and never return to Jorrvaskr. If encountered as part of a
- If the Dragonborn attacks him during The Battle for Whiterun he might never move and stay in a battle position.