|Skills||Heavy Armor, One-Handed|
Athis is a Dunmer warrior and a member of The Companions. He resides in Whiterun, Skyrim. He can be found within The Companions' headquarters, Jorrvaskr. Expert in One-handed combat, he is the only current Dunmer among the ranks of the Companions.
- When first encountered in Jorrvaskr, Athis will be in a conflict with Njada Stonearm that escalates into a brawl that Athis will inevitably lose.
- During Blood's Honor, he gets injured when Jorrvaskr is attacked.
- After completing Glory of the Dead, Athis can be recruited as a Follower.
- He offers Expert-level Training in One-handed, up to level 75.
- If the Dragonborn is in possession of an Amulet of Mara, Athis is a candidate for marriage.
- Athis may be recruited into the Blades and given Blades Armor, if he is presented to Delphine in Sky Haven Temple.
- Although his default gear is governed by the Light Armor skill, Athis is actually more proficient in Heavy Armor.
Combat skill proficiencies from highest to lowest:
- Athis is one of many characters who leaves a letter of inheritance upon death.
- Athis wields a Skyforge Steel Sword.
- Athis sometimes mentions that he tries to stay away from Eastmarch as it is too close to 'the border', referring to the border between Skyrim and the home of the Dunmer, Morrowind.
- When asked why he joined the Companions he will reply "Fortune and glory, friend, fortune and glory." This may be a reference to the Indiana Jones saga as that was often said in the films.
- If the player is a Dunmer and starts a conversation with him, he will say "We are all Ashlanders now, brother/sister. Good to find another family that cares where they came from, eh?".
- Sometimes in combat, he will say "Nerevar Guide me!".
This section contains bugs related to Athis. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If he is killed, he may still re-appear alive again in Whiterun.
- Calm on Njada Stone-Arm during her fight with Athis, Athis will suddenly turn on the Dragonborn. This can be fixed by simply using Calm on him. If the Dragonborn used
- random encounter, he may remain at the scene of the battle and never return to Jorrvaskr. If encountered as part of a
- If you attack him at The Battle for Whiterun he might never move and stay in a battle that is not happening.