|Skills||Heavy armor, One-Handed|
Athis is a Dunmer and a member of The Companions. He resides in Whiterun, Skyrim. He can be found within The Companions' headquarters, Jorrvaskr. Adept in one-handed combat, he keeps quiet most of the time. He is civil and loyal and never at the forefront of any battles.
- When first encountered in Jorrvaskr, Athis will be in a conflict with Njada Stonearm that escalates into a brawl that Athis will inevitably lose.
- During Blood's Honor, he gets injured when Jorrvaskr is attacked.
- After completing Glory of the Dead, Athis can be recruited as a Follower.
- He offers Expert-level Training in One-Handed, up to level 75.
- Athis may be recruited into the Blades and given Blades Armor, if Paarthunax is killed.
- Although his default gear is governed by the Light Armor skill, Athis is actually more proficient in Heavy Armor.
Combat skill proficiencies from highest to lowest:
- Athis is one of many characters who leaves a letter of inheritance upon death.
- Athis wields a Skyforge Steel Sword.
- Athis sometimes mentions that he tries to stay away from Windhelm, as it is too close to the border with Morrowind.
- When asked why he joined the Companions he will reply "Fortune and glory, friend, fortune and glory." This may be a reference to the Indiana Jones saga as that was often said in the films.
- If the player is a Dunmer and starts a conversation with him, he will say "We are all Ashlanders now, 'brother/sister. Good to find another family that cares where they came from, eh?"
- Sometimes in combat, he will say "Nerevar Guide me!"
- If he is killed, he may still re-appear alive again in Whiterun.
- If the Dragonborn used Calm on Njada Stone-Arm during her fight with Athis, Athis will suddennly turn on the Dragonborn. Can be fixed by simply using Calm on him.
- If killed, he may reappear naked and attempt to kill the Dragonborn.
- random encounter, he may remain at the scene of the battle and never return to Jorrvaskr. If encountered as part of a
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)