|Skills||Heavy Armor, One-Handed|
Athis is a Dunmer warrior and a member of The Companions. He resides in The Companions' mead hall, Jorrvaskr, in Whiterun. Expert in One-handed combat, he is the only current Dunmer among the ranks of the Companions.
- When first encountered in Jorrvaskr, Athis will be in a conflict with Njada Stonearm that escalates into a brawl that Athis will inevitably lose.
- During "Blood's Honor," he gets injured when Jorrvaskr is attacked.
- After completing "Glory of the Dead," Athis can be recruited as a follower.
- He offers Expert-level training in One-handed, up to level 75.
- If the Dragonborn is in possession of an Amulet of Mara, Athis is a candidate for marriage.
- Athis may be recruited into the Blades and given Blades Armor if he is presented to Delphine in Sky Haven Temple.
Combat skill proficiencies from highest to lowest:
- "I never thought they would actually let me join The Companions. But now it looks like they're letting anyone in these days."
- "I avoid going to Eastmarch if I can. Something in the air. I think it's just too close to the border."
- "Are you thinking you're better than me. I crawled west out of the wasteland, so show some respect."
- "Honor is in our blood, death in our hearts. If you seek either, you've found the right place."
- "Look, I've got training to get to."
- "And what might you need, hmm?"
- "To what do I owe the honor?"
- "Safe travels."
- "We are all Ashlanders now, brother/sister. Good to find another family that cares where they came from, eh?" ―If the Dragonborn is a Dunmer.
- Athis is one of many characters who leaves a letter of inheritance upon death.
- When asked why he joined the Companions, he will reply "Fortune and glory, friend, fortune and glory." This may be a reference to the Indiana Jones saga, as that was often said in the films.
- Being Dunmer, Athis shares some of his combat dialogue with all other Dunmer in Skyrim, and will thus say such lines as "Nerevar guide me!" and "Azura curse you!"
- Although his default gear is governed by the Light Armor skill, Athis is actually more proficient in Heavy Armor.
- His default boots are actually "clothing" type boots, meaning that they provide no armor whatsoever.
This section contains bugs related to Athis. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If he is killed, he may still re-appear alive again in Whiterun.
- Calm on Njada Stone-Arm during her fight with Athis, Athis will suddenly turn on the Dragonborn. This can be fixed by simply using Calm on him. If the Dragonborn used
- random encounter, he may remain at the scene of the battle and never return to Jorrvaskr. If encountered as part of a
- If the Dragonborn attacks him during "Battle for Whiterun," he may never move and only stay in a battle position.