Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Athletics skill determines how fast one can run or swim and how long one can exert themselves before becoming fatigued. One can increase your skill level by running and swimming, though swimming is more effective.
- Governing attribute: Speed
Ranks and skill perksEdit
- Novice (0-24): Slowly regenerates Fatigue while running.
- Apprentice (25-49): Regenerates Fatigue 25% faster than novice while running.
- Journeyman (50-74): Regenerates Fatigue 50% faster than novice while running.
- Expert (75-99): Regenerates Fatigue 75% faster than novice while running.
- Master (100): Running doesn't reduce Fatigue regeneration.
- Refer to the Trainers page.
- Abstain from fast-traveling, as fast-traveling doesn't increase your Athletics skill.
- Although this skill will level as you travel around the world you can level Athletics by finding a wall or corner of a building and running against it (if you sneak against a wall you only gain experience for Sneak, not Sneak and Athletics).
- If you do try this in a building, make sure it's an inn (or alternatively a guild hall) as if it's someone's house or business they will ask you to leave when they close shop/go to bed.
- You can also tilt the camera straight up while swimming, forcing the character to swim in place without having to find a corner to swim into.
- Athletics will take quite a long time to level for swimming and longer for running.
- Find a corner or just open water that is safe and put a rubber band around your control joy sticks, this will move you in circles, increasing your Athletics skill while you are away from the game.
- Take laps around Imperial Lake (the lake around the Imperial City).
Books that permanently increase the Athletics skillEdit
- The Ransom of Zarek
- A Dance in Fire, Book III
- The Red Kitchen Reader
- The Argonian Account, Book I
Why walk when you can run' has always been your motto. Now the miles of running and hours of swimming have paid off. You are an Apprentice of Athletics. Your rate of fatigue regeneration when running is increased by 25%.
Why walk when you can run' has always been your motto. Now the miles of running and hours of swimming have paid off. You are a Journeyman of Athletics. Your rate of fatigue regeneration when running is increased by 50%.
Why walk when you can run' has always been your motto. Now the miles of running and hours of swimming have paid off. You are an Expert of Athletics. Your rate of fatigue regeneration when running is increased by 75%.
Why walk when you can run' has always been your motto. Now the miles of running and hours of swimming have paid off. You are a Master of Athletics. Running never reduces your rate of fatigue regeneration.
Once your Athletics skill level reaches 70 or higher, people will start say to you: "You're a fit one. Been running a lot?"
Athletics isn't quite as useful as it could be. Close quarters fighters will find it useful for chasing down mages and archers quickly. At very high levels Athletics can help fatigue regeneration for fighters that like to bob and weave in battle.