Avenge the Dragons is a Temple quest available during the events of The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. After joining the Akatosh Chantry, the Agent is tasked with killing a former member of the Order of the Hour, after they attacked the symbol of the Chantry: A Dragon.
- Speak with a Missionary from the Akatosh Chantry.
- Venture to, and enter, the dungeon specified.
- Search the dungeon for the dragonslayer.
- Attack and kill the dragonslayer.
- Return to the Missionary before the time limit expires to complete the quest.
When speaking with a Missionary from the Akatosh Chantry, the Agent will be informed of a task that will "involve some combat". Accepting the quest will reveal that a member of the Order of the Hour has "gone berserk", having entered the Temple's sacred grove and attacked their symbol, a Dragon. The Agent is duly sent to kill the murderous dragonslayer, who has run to one of the regions dungeon.
Dungeons and Dragon(slayers)Edit
The Agent must journey to and then enter the dungeon specified by the Missionary to begin their hunt for the dragonslayer. The usual assortment of creatures and enemies roaming around the dungeon, until they encounter the dragonslayer, posing as either an archer or a knight. Conformation of the dragonslayer's existence will appear upon their death, with the dragonslayer gasping:
Once the dragonslayer is dead the Agent must escape the dungeon and return to the Missionary before the time limit expires to complete the quest.
The Missionary will reward the Agent with a random amount of for their efforts, should they return before the time limit expires. The success or failure of the Agent in undertaking the quest will affect their reputation in the Temple:
|Avenge the Dragons - d0b00y00|
The Akatosh Chantry has asked me to hunt down someone who has been attacking the dragons in their sacred grove. I need to go to [dungeon], kill the dragonslayer, and be back at the Chantry in [town] in [x] days.
- NPCs will have a variety of responses relating to the quest when asked for any news:
- "The Akatosh Chantry's pretty angry that one of their own is a dragonslayer."
- "I say that sneak has every right to kill dragons. Nasty violent creatures."
- "I wonder if the Akatosh Chantry is going to try and stop every dragonslayer."
- "Ah, it's getting so you can't even slay a dragon anymore without trouble."
- "It's a good thing that the dragonslayer got away."
- "Now more dragons will be killed."
- "I hear the Order of the Hour is chasing the dragonslayer across [region]."
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall – Temples|
|Temples||Akatosh Chantry • Order of Arkay • House of Dibella • School of Julianos • Temple of Kynareth • Benevolence of Mara • Temple of Stendarr • Resolution of Z'en|
|Templar Orders||Order of the Hour • Knights of the Circle • Order of the Lily • Knights Mentor • Kynaran Order • Maran Knights • Crusaders • Knights of Iron|
|Non-member Quests||The Healing • The Spook • The Stolen Item • An Errand|
|Member Quests||The Haunted House • The Obsessed Child • The Missing Scholar • The Insane Priest • Hunt for Undead • The Heretic • The Cursed Weapon • The Expiatory Sacrifice • A Delivery • The Relic • The Rite of Atonement • The Great Evil|
|Unique Quests||Avenge the Dragons • The Desecrated Temple • Desired Artwork • The Price of Knowledge • The Arm of Fury • A Powerful Spirit • A Special Plant • The Bounty|