|Azura's Star (Skyrim)|
| Base Value:|
Holds white souls
|Type: Soul Gem|
Azura's Star is an artifact of the daedric princess Azura, and is one possible reward for the quest The Black Star. After finishing the quest, it won't make any difference if you give the star to Aranea Ienith or Nelacar, they will both offer for the Dragonborn to keep it.
Like regular Soul Gems, Azura's Star has the ability to trap white souls, or those of creatures. These souls can be used for enchanting or recharging. Azura's Star will not disappear upon use, allowing you to trap another soul after use.
- Bringing the Broken Azura's Star to Nelacar instead of Aranea Ienith and subsequently removing Malyn Varen's soul from the item grants the Dragonborn with The Black Star Daedric artifact. While Nelacar claims The Black Star can house only black souls, it can actually hold black or white souls, as can Black Soul Gems. This, along with the relative abundance of black souls compared to white souls, generally makes The Black Star the preferred choice over Azura's Star.
- Like some other Daedric Artifacts, town guards occasionally comment about Azura's Star if it is in the Dragonborn's inventory.
- The artifact is named after a celestial body of the same name that appears briefly before dawn and dusk on the horizon. It is situated just below the constellation of the Steed.
- The star resembles the one held in Azura's left hand at the shrine dedicated to her.
- When doing the The Black Star quest, Azura tells you that Azura's Star will return to Oblivion in a hundred years time.
- Dragonborn is killed by Malyn Varen while inside the Star, and a previous save is reverted to, Azura may not allow the star to be re-entered, leaving the artifact unobtainable. If the
- Sometimes, when the quest has been completed, the Dragonborn will not receive the star.
- Upon completion of the quest, Azura's Star may not function at all, remaining empty in your inventory, regardless of applicable souls trapped. May occur on 360, but not immediately after completing the quest. The item may be filled a few times, and later stop working.
- For the above do this for the xbox, i had to to do two out of 3 parts to resolve
- 1. To clear the Xbox 360 system cache go to the Dashboard and press the
middle "Guide" button on your Xbox 360
controller. Scroll to System Settings, Storage, then highlight the HDD,
press Y... and then simply select "Clear
System Cache". Select Yes when prompted to perform Hard Drive
* = Deleting the cache will remove temporary game files and updates.
Saved games, profiles, DLC etc will NOT be
2.. If you have the game installed to your hard drive, try deleting that
installation. This will be located in
System Settings\Storage\\Games and Apps\Skyrim.
3.. In that same directory, delete the file Skyrim Title Update. This
will reinstall when you start the game again.
- PC Azura's Star doesn't function, sits empty, even though there are no other soul gems in the inventory.
- Broken Azura's Star
- The Black Star (Item)
- Soul Gem (Skyrim)
- Azura's Star (Morrowind)
- Azura's Star (Oblivion)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)