|Azura's Star (Skyrim)|
| Base Value:|
Holds white souls
|Type: Soul Gem|
Azura's Star is an artifact of the daedric prince Azura, and is one possible reward for the quest The Black Star. Bringing the Broken Azura's Star to Aranea Ienith instead of Nelacar grants the Dragonborn this artifact.
Like regular Soul Gems , Azura's Star has the ability to trap white souls, or those of creatures. These souls can be used for enchanting or recharging. Azura's Star is the strongest 'Soul Gem', so using it to enchant weapons and armor will give that item the greatest effect. Azura's Star will not disappear upon use, allowing you to trap another soul after use.
- Like some other Daedric Artifacts, town guards occasionally comment about Azura's Star if it is in the Dragonborn's inventory.
- The artifact is named after a celestial body of the same name that appears briefly before dawn and dusk on the horizon. It is situated just below the constellation of the Steed.
- The star resembles the one held in Azura's left hand at the shrine dedicated to her.
- When doing the The Black Star quest, Azura tells you that Azura's Star will return to Oblivion in a hundred years time.
- Dragonborn is killed by Malyn Varen while inside the Star, and a previous save is reverted to, Azura may not allow the star to be re-entered, leaving the artifact unobtainable. If the
- Upon completion of the quest, Azura's Star may not function at all, remaining empty in your inventory, regardless of applicable souls trapped.
(Did not occur on 360)*Update: May occur on 360, but not inmediately after completing the quest. The item may be filled a few times, and later stop working.
- Azura's Star doesn't function, sits empty, even though there are no other soul gems in the inventory.
- Guards: "Is that Azura's Star? How did you aquire such a rare artifact? From a Daedric lord?
- Broken Azura's Star
- The Black Star (Item)
- Soul Gem (Skyrim)
- Azura's Star (Morrowind)
- Azura's Star (Oblivion)