|Services||Skill Trainer: Smithing|
Balimund is a Nord Blacksmith living in Riften. He works at The Scorched Hammer located near the marketplace. Possessing the Amulet of Mara, the Dragonborn has the option of marrying Balimund after completing Stoking the Flames or investing in his business.
Stoking the Flames: Balmund gives out a miscellaneous quest in which the Dragonborn is required to bring him 10 Fire Salts to fuel his forge.
The Scorched Hammer makes you a daily profit of 100 gold. You do not have to collect it every day. He will hold onto the amount as it increases until you ask him for it. You can buy or sell weapons, apparel and misc items with him. You can also get Expert Blacksmith training from him.
It is not always a good idea to marry Balimund for a specific reason. He can die during Dragon attacks on Riften or from thieves when he is sitting outside during the night so the player should be warned of this before spending their time doing his side quest to marry him.
If the Dragonborn kills Balimund, Asbjorn Fire-Tamer, his adopted son, will send Hired Thugs to kill him/her. Even after the thugs are killed once he will continue to send them after the dragonborn, usually only in or around Riften. Asbjorn will then run The Scorched Hammer, but will not be a trainer.
- "Come to see Balimund perform miracles with steel, eh?"
- "What brings you to Balimund today? Repair? Purchase?"
- "Nothing like the smell of a white, hot blade, eh?"
- "Looking for some armor, a weapon perhaps?"
- "You wish to do what I do? Very well." (if asked for Training)
- "Return anytime. You're quite welcome here." (after completing his quest)
- Balimund can, on occasion, have a very large Iron Ingot amounts, ranging from 10 to 50. This makes him practical for buying Iron Ingots in bulk for leveling Smithing quickly, or using as material to make Nails and Iron Fittings in The Elder Scrolls V: Hearthfire.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)