| Have a map of this location?|
Then please upload it!
|Quests||See Related quests.|
It's a two-story building located near the Blue Palace inside the walls of Solitude. The building itself is large but contains no notable loot except for many books. There are many flutes, drums, and lutes within. Occasionally, bards at the college will have conversations or classes.
It is adjacent to Proudspire Manor.
Upon arriving at the College, the player will be able to seek admittance by speaking with the headmaster, Viarmo. He will initiate conversation shortly after the Dragonborn enters the college.
He will task the player with retrieving a book lost long ago, detailing treacheries committed by Olaf One-Eye, a former high king. The book can be found deep inside Dead Man's Respite. Once retrieved and returned to Viarmo, the player must help him fill in the gaps that are rampant in the verses of the book. Once completed, the headmaster takes the player to the Jarl to try and reinstate a festival that was disbanded.
Note: The last three quests will give you an extra level in all 18 skills.
- On the exterior there is a balcony visible as the player enters the College courtyard from the street. On this balcony are two Elven Arrows and one Potion of Plentiful Healing. The player can only access this balcony from the exterior by using the Proudspire Manor Patio before it has been uprgraded. Jump up from the Barrels (located near the stairs) onto the arches surrounding the patio. From there, jump onto the roof of Proudspire Manor and then across to the adjacent College roof.
- If the porch upgrade was purchased, the balcony can still be reached by sprinting from the main road up the sloped wall between the College and Proudspire Manor, then jumping over the balcony rail.
- Quest items (Finn's Lute, Pantea's Flute, and Rjorn's Drum) may be not removable from the inventory after completing their associated quests (PS3, Xbox, PC). (The quest items are actually ID'd as a regular flute, drum, and lute. Console command can remove them, player.removeitem X 1, where X is the item ID.
- Drum: 000daba9
- Flute: 000daba7
- Lute: 000dabab
- If you take the quest for the College of Winterhold to retrieve a staff and retrieve Pantea's Flute at the same time, you will be unable to retrieve the flute later.
- On the second floor, there`s a place where you can hear all characters from the Bards College at once.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)