Battlegrounds are PvP locations in The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind. In a battleground, three teams consisting of four players are pitted against each other in different gamemodes. Currently, battlegrounds are only available to people that have purchased the Morrowind chapter.
- Team Deathmatch – Find and destroy enemy player characters with each kill granting your team points.
- Capture the Flag – Capture your enemies' flags and return them to your base while carefully defending your own.
- Domination – Seek out, capture, and hold special locations on the map to earn your team points. A captured point will grant your team points for as long you have it.
- Chaosball – Arriving in Update 15 (Originally called Murderball)
- (Unreleased) Keep and Resources
- (Unreleased) Assault
- (Unreleased) Infection
- (Unreleased) Crazy King
- (Unreleased) Rugby
- (Unreleased) Triple Death Banner
- (Unreleased) Multiflag
- Ald Carac – A dilapidated ruin of an ancient Dwemer city
- Ularra – An old overgrown Daedric worshipping site
- Foyada Quarry – A quarry set in the shadow of Red Mountain
A number of battlegrounds have been found in the files or previewed, but have not yet been publicly added to the game. They are as follows: (Codenamed battlegrounds without finished names are in italics)
- Colovian Crossing – A demo battleground previewed at QuakeCon
- Balfiera – Not presently planned to be added to the full game
- Rayles Catacombs – Not presently planned to be added, assets re-used for Vvardenfell Battlegronds
- 1942 – Map is present in the files
- BG Graveyard
- BG Sketch Ally
- BG4 AD
- Leviathan BG
- Hex BG
- Topal Island – Scrapped, reworked into housing location "Grand Topal Hideaway"
- The names of the teams originate from The Elder Scrolls: Arena, in the early stages of development, cities in Tamriel had gladiatorial teams that were going to fight each other in a tournament setting. The teams were going to the cities of Helstrom (Pit Daemons), Torval (Firedrakes), and Narsis (Stormlords).[OOG 1]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 ESO: Morrowind - Battlegrounds Basics – ElderScrollsOnline.com
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Announcing the Horns of the Reach and Clockwork City Game Packs! – ElderScrollsOnline.com
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 Possible PVP Options Coming to ESO – Reddit
- ↑ QuakeCon 2014 PVP Tournament Championship
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 ESO PvP Battlegrounds AMA