Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bears are creatures that are found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Bears are large, strong, and fast, able to chase down the average adventurer. The bears of Skyrim seem to be somewhat stronger than other varieties of bear, and can be found in the more mountainous regions of Skyrim, usually around Ivarstead and other hilly regions. It is possible to contract bone break fever from them. The The Companions radiant quest "Animal Extermination" may require a bear to be killed.
Bears can be found either sleeping or resting, sometimes in the middle of a road or a path. One of the locations is Honeystrand Cave. This presents the option to sneak around the beast, or to perform a sneak attack to gain the upper hand in the ensuing fight. Bears roar to warn of their presence before attacking, and are docile until one gets too close.
Bears are often seen attacking other animals such as elk or goats. But this does not mean that the player can sneak around the bear when it is attacking another enemy. Sometimes both the bear and, if it is an enemy, the other animal will both attack the Dragonborn. Bears prefer mountainous regions, but they can be found in the tundra areas.
- Bear Pelt – tanning material
- Bear Claws – alchemy ingredient
- Occasional minor treasure, gold, gem or ring
- The first bear the Dragonborn sees (and possibly kills; a choice which can be made) is in the Helgen Keep, but it is of a lower level than the others, and is far weaker than any other bears.
- A bear is the sigil of Ulfric Stormcloak, his supporters and the city of Windhelm.
- Cave bears are possibly based on the extinct animal of the same name.
- Snow bears are possibly based on polar bears.
- Werebears appear in The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn.
- Interestingly enough, bears are shown with black fur but drop a brown pelt. This is similar to the brown cave bears dropping a black pelt.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Ants • Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse|
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Salmon • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Ghost • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton|
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|