Beehives are, like apothecary's satchels, a temporary container. They can generally be found in the Whiterun Hold and The Rift hanging from the branches of shorter trees. The Dragonborn can usually easily reach the beehives. Even though there are beehives and vacant beehives, no actual bees will fly out of any hive. The beehive will drop to the ground and can be searched after using any means of attack on them, such as Destruction magic. The shout Kyne's Peace will also bring them down.
- Bannermist Tower (under the ramp)
- Halted Stream Camp (on a hill just a little south from the camp)
- Halldir's Cairn (two hives, north-northwest 25 paces)
- Honeystrand Cave (four hives)
- Hunter's Rest (on a pole to the right of the entrance)
- Guardian Stones (100 paces southeast)
- Ilinalta's Deep (150 paces southeast)
- Riverwood (under guards bridge east of town)
- Bandit Camp: Helgen Cliffs (hanging on the nearest tree to the overhang)
- Fisherman's Island (on the tree furthest from the tent)
- Twilight Sepulcher (above the entrance)
- Inside a Greenhouse built as part of a The Elder Scrolls V: Hearthfire manor (does not appear immediately)
- South of Kynesgrove
- Bard's Leap Summit (south of the chest next to the diving spot)
- Lost Knife Hideout (a bit north of the entrance, close to the road)
- Right northwest of the pond west of Stony Creek Cave.
- Directly west of Whiterun, on a hill overlooking Bleakwind Basin in the distance (northwest, in a stand of four pines, hidden in the largest one).