On occasion, he will jokingly say that he would sell his sister for gold, if he had one, and he would be willing to buy any customers' relatives off them, should they have any. His reputation within Whiterun is far from sparkling, as city guards refer to him as a "sleazy little man." Unlike most Bretons, he isn't at all serious. He is constantly making puns and is very sarcastic, especially when he's asked why he moved to Skyrim or, after the Battle for Whiterun, if the siege was hard on the city's merchants.
- Upon meeting him, he will speak of the current trading situation in the Whiterun region. Because of the dragon attacks in Helgen, there is a lack of products around the city which impacts the prices, as less supply than demand equals higher prices. He has employed the help of Sigurd to do menial tasks around the shop for him.
- With the Investor perk, one can invest gold in his store.
- Belethor may send Hired Thugs out to hurt the Dragonborn, but not kill him for something as simple as knocking something over in his store.
- "The way you walk around at home is your own business. When you're at home..." - When not wearing armor or apparel.
- "I'd even buy one of your relatives, if you're looking to sell! Ha ha ha... That's a little joke." - Upon initiating conversation.
- "Me and you are the only sane ones."
- "You and me, we're the only people who aren't complete fools." - If invested into his store.
- "I know what you're thinking. 'This Belethor, how could he part with such magnificent treasures?'"
- "Everything is for sale my friend, everything! If I had a sister, I'd sell her in a second!"
- "I can tell you're a discrimating one. Maybe a wealthy one too?"
- "Do come back."
- Belethor may disappear from the game at any time, leaving his shop locked (Adept) and unusable.
- Belethor may become invisible.
- Breezehome and Belethor's General Goods shop. People don't seem to care and just step right over him. Belethor is susceptible to being slain by vampires who invade Whiterun after dark. He may be found dead on the street between
- Belethor may no longer have an option to purchase from his shop.