Benor can be found hanging outside the Guardhouse and bridge during the day and inside the Moorside Inn at night. He is most likely always looking for trouble and will offer to help you in the quest "Laid to Rest" but will not go into Movarth's Lair.
However, if the player has already brawled with Benor, you may ask him to follow you into the lair. This will not cause Thonnir to leave, and likewise, you can have them both follow you at once.
- Benor hopes to be a guard, but has yet to be accepted. So for the time being, he's doing odd jobs.
- Marrying Benor gives the miscellaneous quest to 'Visit Your Spouse's House', for which the Dragonborn will have to break into the guardhouse, since that is where Benor sleeps. It's a Novice lock, but the guards will fine 15 septims for the break-in unless the Dragonborn is hidden. The lock eventually resets.
- If Benor moves with the Dragonborn to a different house, he will still own a store, and the daily share will continue to accumulate and be available for collection.
- If the Dragonborn selects the "It's time for us to part ways" option while married to him, he may die and later a courier will deliver an inheritance letter, telling of his death and bequeathing to the Dragonborn 400 septims.
- Benor can become a Blade.
- After winning the brawl against him, it will be counted as helping the people of Hjaalmarch for the Jarl, and he will consider you a friend.
- If you drop a piece of body armor on the floor within his sight, Benor will run to you and ask if he can take the dropped armor.
- If he is a current follower he will not follow commands while running to Movarth's Lair, during the quest Laid to Rest.
- If you lose Benor or tell him to wait and them accidently leave him and can no longer find him, travel back to Morthal where he lives and wait by either the barracks or the Moorside Inn and he should be there. You may have to wait for a while or go inside the Inn and wait and them walk back out but he should be there.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)