- Talk to Ulfgar the Unending in his home, north of Brodir Grove.
- Go to the Mead Hall of Thirsk and obtain the book Sovngarde, a Reexamination, from the bookseller upstairs, Bereditte Jastal.
- Return to Ulfgar and grant his request; slay him, to end his curse and allow him access to Sovngarde.
- Receive the attribute bonus/increase from the three (now four) stones at Brodir Grove:
- Ulfgar's sword, Stormfang, is taken upon Ulfgar's death. The following Table includes Stormfang's stats:
- Enchantment: Frost Damage 10-30 pts. for 3s on Target; Cast Upon Strike.
|Betrayal at Brodir Grove|
|I met Ulfgar the Unending and he told me his sad tale. He and his four companions came to Solstheim on some sort of quest. One of the five, a sorcerer named Grimkell, betrayed Ulfgar and the others. Ulfgar killed Grimkell, but the other three companions were turned to stone. They are the standing stones of Brodir Grove.
|For five hundred years Ulfgar has been unsuccessfully searching for the entrance to Sovngarde, the mythical fortress where valiant Nords may live forever. He feels he has failed in his quest, and will be forever in my debt if I can find the entrance myself.|
|The book "Sovngarde, a Reexamination" contains new theories on the god Shor's mythical Hall of Valor. Of particular interest is the suggestion that the entrance to Sovngarde doesn't actually exist in the physical world. All a Nord has to do to enter Sovngarde is die in honorable combat. I should get this book back to Ulfgar the Unending. He'll be very interested in what it has to say.|
|Ulfgar was both shocked and excited by the new theories contained in the book "Sovngarde, a Reexamination." He now believes the entrance to Sovngarde has been right before him all along. All he has to do is die an honorable death -- and he's chosen me as his opponent.|
|Ulfgar asked me to engage him in mortal combat in the hopes that I could win, and send his soul to Sovngarde. I refused.|
|Ulfgar asked me to engage him in mortal combat in the hopes that I could win, and send his soul to Sovngarde. I agreed, and must return to him at his dwelling when I am ready to fight.|
|I killed Ulfgar. With his dying breath, he thanked me for granting him entrance to Sovngarde. Ulfgar also said he'd try to reach out to me from the afterlife and leave some kind of reward at Brodir Grove.|
|I went to Brodir Grove and was met by the spirit of Ulfgar. He met his friends in Sovngarde and told them of the help I granted him. As a reward, the companions will imbue me with their greatest attributes every time I visit Brodir Grove. I need only visit their standing stones to receive the blessings.