Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Blade of Woe is a unique Ebony Dagger received from Lucien Lachance at the start of the quest "A Knife in the Dark." Lucien will explain that the dagger has never been used before, and gives it as a gift from the Dark Brotherhood. After the quest "Honor Thy Mother," the Night Mother will place a leveled enchantment on it.
If Lachance is killed by the Hero of Kvatch in "A Knife in the Dark," the blade will no longer be a quest item. Instead, it will have a weight of 1, a selling price of 20 , and have a base damage of 3.
|Level||Enchantments||Charge||# of Uses||Weapon ID|
|1-4|| Demoralize up to level 2|
Damage Attribute: Willpower 5 pts
Damage Health 5 pts
Damage Magicka 5 pts
|5-9|| Demoralize up to level 3|
Damage Attribute: Willpower 10 pts
Damage Health 10 pts
Damage Magicka 10 pts
|10-14|| Demoralize up to level 5|
Damage Attribute: Willpower 15 pts
Damage Health 15 pts
Damage Magicka 15 pts
|15-19|| Demoralize up to level 6|
Damage Attribute: Willpower 20 pts
Damage Health 20 pts
Damage Magicka 20 pts
|20-24|| Demoralize up to level 7|
Damage Attribute: Willpower 25 pts
Damage Health 25 pts
Damage Magicka 25 pts
|25-29|| Demoralize up to level 8|
Damage Attribute: Willpower 30 pts
Damage Health 30 pts
Damage Magicka 30 pts
|30+|| Demoralize up to level 10|
Damage Attribute: Willpower 35 pts
Damage Health 35 pts
Damage Magicka 35 pts
- Base Value refers to the value without factoring the effects of Mercantile skill or character disposition.
- Base Damage refers to the base damage rating without factoring the effects of the appropriate blade or Blunt skill, or the condition of the weapon.
- Weapon ID is
This section contains bugs related to Blade of Woe (Oblivion). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The Demoralize enchantment on the enchanted Blade of Woe has no duration, and therefore no effect on anyone, no matter what the strength of the enchantment.
- When the Hero goes to see the Night Mother, if the player keeps talking to her, she will give multiple Blades of Woe.
- Even though the Blade of Woe has no enchantments prior to the quest "Honor Thy Mother," it can still be used to hit Ghosts and Wraiths.