- Main article: Blades Armor (Skyrim)
This piece of armor cannot be created at a blacksmith's forge, however it can be found in the following locations:
- Sky Haven Temple - In a chest in the armory located to the left of the main chamber.
- Worn by any follower recruited into the Blades as part of the quest "Rebuilding the Blades".
This means the armor cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or blacksmithing potions to Fortify Smithing.
This section contains bugs related to Blades Shield (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- vampire characters, the shield will not be shown when equipped, nor will it provide any protection. The bug persists through region transitions, reloads, upgrades, and enchantments. The Blades Shield and Ebony Shield are the only two confirmed shields to be affected by this bug. Removing vampirism solves the problem, but a proper fix still hasn't been discovered. For
- If the Dragonborn is disarmed when wielding the Blades Shield, it may turn into a Blades Sword.