| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
|Class: One-Handed, Sword|
|Upgrade Material: Steel Ingot|
The equipment used by the Blades was issued exclusively to members of their order and is said to have been imbued with magical properties, and is even said by some to be of Akaviri descent. The organization has long since passed into legend in the eyes of the greater populace, though their deeds and reputation have outlived the ages in song and tale.
The Blades were the first organization commissioned by the Emperor of Tamriel during the First Era as royal guards and dragonslayers. As such, their weapons and armor were made with special materials than rendered them virtually invulnerable to conventional weapons of the time. The Blades used a variety of weapons at the height of their glory, consisting mainly of light one-handed weapons that could be wielded with ease such as swords, maces, and war axes, though there were those who preferred the heavier and much more lethal weapons like battleaxes and war hammers.
The construction of these weapons was simple, yet extremely durable. Instead of using more pliable metals like iron or steel, the Blades used a mixture of rare ores to create a material known only through historical literature as draconis bladesium, a metal said to be as strong as dragonscale and bone, the recipe for which has been lost to the ages. Apparently, the smiths trained in the creation of the stuff took their knowledge to the grave. Like most Akaviri weapons, they are very similar to Japanese weapons.
It is assumed that quicksilver, stalhrim, moonstone, and ebony–some of the rarest metals–were used in the smithing of the Blades' equipment, on account of its sheen and apparent indestructibility. The armor never seems to scratch and the weapons don't appear to dull from age or use.
- One can be found on the weapon rack near the Arcane Enchanter in Delphine's Secret Room in the Sleeping Giant Inn.
- Six can be found alongside the chest containing Blades Armor in Sky Haven Temple, and taken during the quest Alduin's Wall.
- Delphine carries two and Esbern carries one that can only be pickpocketed.
- Fultheim in the Nightgate Inn carries one that can be pickpocketed or looted from his body.
- Followers inducted into the Blades carry one that can be taken from their inventory.
- Bolar's Oathblade - found alongside Bolar's Writ at the foot of the Shrine of Talos at Bloated Man's Grotto.
- Dragonbane - found on a wooden table in the armory at Sky Haven Temple.
- Harkon's Sword - wielded by Lord Harkon in the add-on The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard.
- Akaviri Sword - wielded by Dexion Evicus in the add-on Dawnguard. It can only be obtained by Pickpocketing him through the Misdirection perk, or by reverse-pickpocketing a better weapon onto Dexion, leaving and re-entering, and taking the Akaviri sword out of his inventory.
This section contains bugs related to Blades Sword (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The Blades sword may not place properly into a display case after being upgraded at a grindstone or may fall on the ground when leaving and re-entering the house.
- Fortify Restoration potion and may get extremely high damages. The Blades sword may be affected by the