|Blades Sword (Skyrim)|
| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
|Class: One-Handed, Sword|
|Upgrade Material: Steel Ingot|
The sword has a strong Akaviri design, the same as the Akaviri Katana that was used by the Blades of the Third Era. The hilt (or tsuka) is black with the guard (or tsuba) in the form of a stylized coiled serpent.
- A Blades Sword can be acquired rather early - in Delphine's Secret Room at the Sleeping Giant Inn. It is found on the weapon rack near the Arcane Enchanter.
- Six are available in the armory at Sky Haven Temple, alongside the chest containing Blades Armor. However, this will count as stolen unless the Dragonborn kills Parthurnax and joins the Blades.
- Delphine carries two that can only be pickpocketed.
- Esbern carries one that can only be pickpocketed.
- Fultheim in the Nightgate Inn carries one that can be pickpocketed or looted from his body.
- Followers inducted into the Blades will carry one and it can be obtained from their inventory.
- Bolar's Oathblade - A unique Blades Sword found alongside Bolar's Writ at the foot of the Shrine of Talos at Bloated Man's Grotto.
- Dragonbane - A unique Blades Sword found on a wooden table in the armory at Sky Haven Temple.
- Harkon's Sword - A unique Blades Sword wielded by Lord Harkon in the add-on The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard.
- Akaviri Sword - A unique Blades Sword wielded by Dexion Evicus in the add-on The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard. It can only be obtained by Pickpocketing him through the Misdirection perk.
- Like most Akaviri weapons, it has a strong Japanese influence.
- It is a very detailed replica of the katana, it even has a hamon and rayskin (or same).
- The Blades Sword may not place properly into a display case after being upgraded at a grindstone or may fall on the ground when leaving and re-entering the house.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)